knitnana: Mail Call!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Monday, June 09, 2008

Mail Call!

I went back to work today, which was a good thing. It wasn't the best day, it was all I could do to get started, but as I've heard before with a z-pack, somewhere along the middle of the fourth day, it gets better and it did. So I think I'm going to live...IF the heat wave will allow me to, that is! My car thermometer read 99 when I got off work and headed to run errands. (Speaking of which, before the night is out, there'll be an updated post on Nana Sadie's Place - I know, it's been forever, I'm sorry!)

When I got to the office I discovered that some packages had been delivered and then another arrived today. I can't show you the Art Walk Club selection for June yet, but I can show you the yarn I asked Roxie to make for me, along with the prize I won over at Wendy's last week:

I swear, I didn't plan that color palette in advance, but when I opened the two packages I couldn't help but notice! I send my thanks to both lovely gals for their delightful packages...and Wendy, I can't wait to read this book!

Ok...I watched too much news tonight (yes, I'm a junkie) but at least, in between doing the dishes, and getting a few other tasks I normally accomplish on the weekends out of the way - but not too much, 'cause I've still got a way to go to feel right as rain, again - I worked on Flaming June Sock 1:

Yup. A simple picot edging a la Wendy will finish these off...now if I can just remember where I put Margene's instructions for knitting off and sewing the hem at the same time? That's a trick I've got to learn....

OH. My boss and I are heading to Blacksburg on a roadtrip for work tomorrow. Lunch will be my favorite pizza restaurant Backstreets (and GREEK Pizza! Whoohoo!). I'm hoping, Gina, to convince her to let me stop in for a few minutes at Mosaic! I promise to be good, but I haven't been up to the shop in almost a year, so at least a bit of sock yarn goodness (Koigu? Fleece Artist?) is in order...

BUT...my BOSS is driving - and she doesn't "get" my knitting nuttiness...so I can't promise. (fingers crossed!)

And please stop by my pal, Birdsong's blog and offer her a hug. She's had some life-changing news.
(((Hugs)))

4 Comments:

Blogger RoxanneZYG said...

Oh wow, look at that...matching book and yarn :) Did you plan that? What a fluke if not! I love how they match :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Beautiful sock yarn.. I'm going into withdrawal because I left my sock home when I came to California on vacation. Didn't want to risk losing my beloved Harmony DPs to an overzealous TSA employee.

10:36 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well but glad you're now on the mend. Lovely packages! Hope you get to stop by at Mosaic!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Love the matching book cover and sock yarn. They look lovely together! I'm glad to hear you're getting back into your groove thang. ;-)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782