knitnana: So Much to Talk About!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, June 01, 2008

So Much to Talk About!

Wow...and it's only (the wee small hours of) Sunday morning!
Ok...I've been busy sewing, but most of what I've done you've seen in one iteration or another...except for this:

I had to show you. See? I don't just "do" cats on my bags! (Yes, this is a custom order!)

And remember the Watercolor Feather & Fan sock? Um. Well. I knew that yarn was trying to tell me something when I tried the (easy lace) pattern on the cuff 3 times and made more errors than I can tell you. I've done that pattern many times, and it IS easy...that yarn did NOT want to be a sock and frankly, it was too soft to be a sock - it wouldn't have worn well at all inside a shoe - and it kept telling me that all the way up the foot and while turning the heel. I just didn't listen to it till I couldn't make the cuff pattern work! (I will learn one of these days...)

What did it want? Apparently, it is besotted with Anne's Boing!. See?
I'm not surprised. The yarn is perfect for it. I even pulled out the old pink aluminum needles for this one! (And tried to go with the little jeweled stitch markers, but they got hung up in this ultra-baby soft yarn, so out came the rubber rings again! (sigh)

However, please note the Knails?!? Those are mine, all mine, not a touch of acrylic anywhere. I'm not in love with them, but they've grown out and tho' I'm a rotten manicurist, I did get them painted. Now if I can just keep them from breaking off!

On a far more serious note, I've signed up again for the next Blogblast for Peace on June 4. Won't you join me?

6 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Boing is going to look great in that yarn. It's already lookin' ever so pretty!

Love the knails too!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

That Posy fits right in with the book I just finished, Captivity by Debbie Lee Wesselmann, about a sanctuary for chimpanzees (not gorillas like the fabric print, but close).. Your yarn looks much better in the Boing than it did in the sock. {{{HUGS}}}

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn looks so happy now! Don't you love it when you finally hear it saying what it wants to be?

Nails are lookin' pretty fetching, there, to! :-)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Perfect yarn for Boing! That yarn is just so energetic! Your Knails look beautiful. Love the gorilla bag.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is going to look great as Boing. It looks happier already. Nice nails too!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Boing is quite pretty but the KNAILS!!! They look great! :)

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!