knitnana: All Good Things Must Come To An End, Right?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, May 26, 2008

All Good Things Must Come To An End, Right?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend....we tried hard not to be sad in remembering our missing family member, but BB crops up in a lot of people's conversations, and even today was no exception. At a small get-together of just 4 of us Roanoke knitting grrls at Panera Bread, for lunch, the BB's name was mentioned. She is sorely missed.

But we did have a good time today, knitting away, even if the restaurant was a might cool! A last minute change, I got a Cafe Mocha, frozen. I wished I'd stayed with the original HOT version...my toes might not have frozen to match my drink! *wink*

The last small gathering of knit buds was at Pam's house and at the time, I promised I'd show her that I, too, collected Shawnee King Corn items. I told her then, that I also collected "Tomato Ware" from Occupied Japan. So here are a couple of shots...
This one includes the veggie salt & pepper shakes I have collected as well...
Margene was showing off her collection of pins (from another time, we both now collect yarn, needles, and patterns, I think! lol!) and I mentioned that I should share some of mine...so here ya go! Just especially for you grrls...
Yes, I did knit this weekend - here are the two socks I managed to turn the heels on (that's the second Bubblegum sock, and the first Watercolor Sock)

And I'm now through 4 repeats of Anne's Star of Evening shawl...
(You can tell where I wet blocked the first repeat, right?)

What with the festival, knitting with the grrls, laundry, a bit of cooking, and a couple of errands today, it was a good weekend.

And now - as someone said to me via email today ... tomorrow it's back to reality.
(sigh)
(((hugs)))

10 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

I love your tomato-ware. So cute!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the collection of tomato-ware! I like that lettuce plate.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

All those veggie dishes are great! Memorial Day is when we remember those we've lost - thanks to your blog a lot of people remember & miss the Blond Bombshell. I thought a lot about Tiger, Moki, Patches & Sparky yesterday too.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back to work... did you have to remind me? [sigh]

Loved the tomato-ware and the socks are looking great!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The shawl is looking beautiful -- I love it in that colorway! And the block seems to be holding nicely, too, yay :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love the veggie-ware! The shawl looks absolutely lovely; I'm so glad you kept using the Meezer yarn for it! :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love your collections! I go to a lot of antique shows but haven't run across tomato-ware before. I'm going to have to start looking for it.

I need to make a shawl for my niece for her wedding next year. Any suggestions for something easy yet stunning?

7:56 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Wow, has it been a year already?

I love your veggie-ware, it's beyond cute....is it still made?

The bubblegum sock is very cute despite the um, interesting yarn it's knit from :)

5:51 AM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

(((Big Hug))) Sorry you're missing BB. I can completely relate. This was our first beach season without Mavis and she was sorely missed but not forgotten.

11:15 AM  
Blogger kat said...

looking good on those socks & the shawl is beautiful!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!