knitnana: Denial & The Contemplation of Something Totally Out of the Realm of Normalcy...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Denial & The Contemplation of Something Totally Out of the Realm of Normalcy...

I do think I'm having a time of denial and foot-dragging to get thru this move...but when I took a few moments last night to "veg" after a full day of packing and running things over to the new place (7 trips this weekend with the Forester packed!)...well I picked up the new IK.

And what did I find that took my breath away?
This:

oh...and the back view:

(I surely hope IK will forgive my posting of their gorgeous photos...but if you haven't seen this, I think it just might sell a few magazines for them by my posting them!)
I've seen and worn many sweaters in my life. I have NEVER knit one. I'm also new to cables, having only knit two of THESE which are equally as elegant as the IK Cable Down Raglan and a lot quicker to make! :)
I think, once this move is over and things are settled down and settled in a bit (and Hidcote at least OTN, Catharina completed!), this might just be my first sweater.
In these days of "is it hot in here?" those 3/4 sleeves are perfect for me (and yes, the color of the example sweater is, too!)
(sigh)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bought the mag for this very sweater. I'm going to knit it in a smaller size than I wear, because I am on a doctor-supervised weight loss program. Talk about a carrot! VBG!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

And so would that deep red that looks so good on you!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

This sweater caught my eye also. I love the shaping. You should definitely knit it! The designer has her first book coming out this spring or summer.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I'm in the middle-ish of my first sweater. I say go for it!! :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It is a great sweater, isn't it?

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm waiting on my copy of IK and that's just, well, wow!!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

That is a beautiful pattern. It would be a very interesting project.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

OK! I am not going to let yu forget that you ARE going to knit a sweater!!!
Looks like I need to resubscribe to Ik. See, you sold one with your little advertisement! No, I am NOT going to knit it!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I fell in love with this too. It will look spectacular on you!

Hope you get moved in soon so you can rest!

Ruinwen
:)

8:38 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Scary, isn't it? You start knitting cables and all of a sudden, everything you knit seems to need a cable...

5:09 PM  
Blogger Shelob said...

This is gorgeous! I've got to get a copy of this magazine. I may not add it to the immediate list, but I'll want one eventually!

--Shelob
http://caution-blind-driver.blogspot.com/

9:29 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Top down raglans are one of the easiest styles to knit.. And if you can do lace, & I know you can unlike moi, you can do cables.. much easier {g}

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!