knitnana: Snow Day! and Lookie!! Lookie!!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Snow Day! and Lookie!! Lookie!!

It REALLY...FINALLY...SNOWED last night! Hooray! A deserved snow day...there are some sad stories to report, tho', specifically the fact that a car plowed down the hill (towards my building) and slammed into 2 cars pushing one of them into a third. Everyone is fine, but the car that was pushed belonged to the smoking neighbor (who is now smoking more than ever) and the car it was pushed into belonged to my upstairs neighbor who is a cool gal (and who is also superintending my move, the sweetheart!). Can you say someone is UPSET? OH MY. She went out to go to work today and discovered the smoker's car had her wedged in...and a note from the real culprit saying "the police say you should move your car first" which was stupid - she was up in against the curb with no where to go. (sigh) News at 11, as they say, for I went back to bed and missed most of the excitment!

Now...remember these? The Christmas yarn from DD and my DGSs?

Well, yesterday I bought this and this from the lovely Anne (she of the Wing o' the Moth which is on my to-do list, no I haven't forgotten! teehee...just a tad bid overloaded at the moment....)

But I thought perhaps the Fine Cabled Mitts would work up in one or both of the Wildefoote colors...still unsure about the Misti Alpaca Sport weight. But I love it, it's so soft...

Anyway - I did not buy yarn. These will come from stash (even if it's a laceweight that I have some odds and ends of) and I wish I could twitch my nose and have one or both pair of those mitts completed, b/c my hands are COLD! (yes, with the smoke, the windows are open, and the fans running - AGAIN!)

Stay Warm!
(And I'm knitting...on the GMM (CTH) feather & fan socks, the Sockret Pal socks, and the Peace Fleece Lacy Prairie Shawl...but no pics yet...soon, I promise!)
(((hugs)))

5 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

I hear snow is on the way here, too. It's so pretty today I'm not sure if that's true!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, bummer about your neighbor's car... But snow day! Fun!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Tan said...

Enjoy your snow! You deserve it.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm glad you had a snow day to enjoy and I hope your fingerless mitts are knitted quickly to keep you warm. : )

8:19 PM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I think it is so crazy when bad things happen to nice people. Am looking forward to seeing what your mitts looks like. Stay warm!
=:8

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!