knitnana: A Surprise Gift! And Another Ice Storm Cometh...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Surprise Gift! And Another Ice Storm Cometh...

Today has been intriguing - often a bit maddening, but overall not too bad...(yes, I gave in to my earlier disappointment and bought a skein of All Things Heather sock yarn from Sweet Sheep. I'll show off when it arrives...no jumping the gun this time! But it certainly brightened my outlook - especially since it'll make wonderful Red Hat ladies socks! *wink*

I ran tons of errands when I got off work, and hurried home to unload the boxes I'd picked up at the ABC Store at lunch (I cannot believe how many boxes it takes to pack up a house!). I completely forgot to check the mailbox as a result. So ran down late to find:
The Sewing Implement Stitch Markers from Rachel that I ordered last week (I LOVE THESE - go check out her shop - I'll still be here, but hurry back!)

But being the good Sockret Pal Mom that she is, she also tucked in a bunch of cool things for me...note the teas and candies?

Well, she also added kitty toys...

(the envelope was addressed to me and to The Meezer, too!)

But of course, in this house, The Meezer has to share...

And I think this gift of four mice - all rattles, which my girls aren't used to, as most of their mice just lie on the floor and don't smell or anything - are a real hit!

Thanks, Rachel!

And also in the mail was my copy of Spring IK - I'd already picked up a Country Living that looked too interesting to pass by at the grocery store...you see, they're calling for an ice storm tonight through noon on Wednesday - with accumulations of up to half an inch, heaviest over my portion of the county.

I might have to spend the next two days packing, knitting, and reading (oh...and yes, I picked up peanut butter and crackers, too! Just in case.

12 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Now, if that isn't a bunch of mail and goodies to cheer you up if you get iced in, I don't know what is!

10:13 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Vanilla almond AND cat goodies! Lovely.

11:44 AM  
Blogger brandilion said...

you look prepared for the worst! have fun :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger kat said...

nice you are already to be housebound for a bit!

4:20 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

cute stitch markers!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Jimmy is on his way...he is yours!
And he is stunning...thank you for taking the temptation away

8:33 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh, Michelle! Thank you! I'm tickled and can't wait to see Jimmy's reds and purples...(yup, the yarn is called "Jimmy")
(((hugs)))

9:39 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Such a nice assortment ot keep you going through the storm. Stay warm!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

What great haul from the mail! I love to pore through decorating magazines too, but restrict myself there better than with knitting ones. Happy Valentines Day to you and the kitties.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Nice stuff! I just found your blog, and I'm glad I did. I love your cats!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

We just had the ice yesterday and thankfully our electricity stayed on. Home today because our county under a snow emergency! I did manage to post a few pictures and finish a scarf!

10:00 PM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Gorgeous package! And puuuurrrfect timing for the holiday. ;)
=:8

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!