knitnana: My Name Is Knitnana And I'm A Yarnoholic...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Name Is Knitnana And I'm A Yarnoholic...

They say the first step in recovery is admission of the problem. Well, I think it finally hit me tonight when I brought home my latest purchase. TAR-JAY had this wonderful storage ottoman on sale (a STEAL at $32!). I just happened to be looking for this exact thing (tho' I wasn't intent on what it looked like, just it's purpose). The color was serendipity! I've needed an ottoman forever. I decided I really needed it to do double-duty (as most things in the apartment have to do) as storage for yarn. Well...here you go, the problem in full color:
It's mostly sock yarn, but there's a little laceweight and the remaining balls of the Steeler's Aiblinn yarn as well as the Rowan Yorkshire Tweed I just bought. Do I have a problem? And HOW! (I won't tell you how much more is stored elsewhere in that room and in my office...)

Is there any doubt in your mind that I have a problem? (That ottoman is 18 inches deep!)

And I'm not sure but I think it was Crazy Aunt Purl who wanted to see photos of our knitting spots, so here's mine (better late than never, huh? Oh, that's the Catharina Faroese Shawl down there (my Amazing Lace partner - yes we're still together...working along!) sitting so prettily on the ottoman.
And isn't the color just perfect? I couldn't have planned the purchase of this ottoman any better!!!
(((hugs)))

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that ottoman! I'm going to check my local TAR-JAY, I think! Another place to put yarn! What a concept!

By the way... "Yarnoholic" just sounds so... harsh. Like there were something wrong with having lots of yarn or something.

Feel free to steal a "Yarn Collector" button from my blog.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Great ottoman!! I need to go buy six or seven of those -- maybe I'll replace my couch. ;-)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's a very nice knitting place! The storage ottoman is a great find. I really miss Tar-jay up here. And that's a really nice pillow on your chair. Is that a peacock feather pattern? Georgeous!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your knitting spot looks absolutely perfect to me! : )

I love that ottoman. And I certainly understand needing to find more storage spaces for yarn...it keeps outgrowing its accomodations.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Storage ottomans are great!!! Love the whole double duty thing. I bought one last spring from BB&B. Love. It. Nice to have all that loveliness right at your fingertips, eh.

8:11 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohh I have an ottoman type thing too lol I love that you've always got yarn around you but no one knows the difference :)

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great ottoman! Glad you found another way to stash your yarn.

I don't like Yarnoholic either...how about yarn Connoisseur? Yarn is meant to be enjoyed and experienced...

Love your nook too. Such a comfy looking chair and pillow.

Ruinwen
:)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Great ottoman/storage box. :) Your knitting spot looks lovely.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

This is too funny.

I have the very same ottoman bought at good old wally world. Great mind thing alike:D

4:01 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Love the ottoman, but the lace on it is even prettier... may have to see if they have one of these at the Tar Jay in my area (my kids call it that too).

4:13 PM  
Blogger Bianca said...

Hmmm.... Your yarn collection would keep me busy for a while for sure!

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!