knitnana: It's Done!! Wheee!!! A FO!! A FO!!!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's Done!! Wheee!!! A FO!! A FO!!!

I know it was just making you nuts last night, not to know what I was knitting all day yesterday at the NoSo Knit-in?!? Right???? Well...it was THIS (and yes, I know I'm a little late to the party...that's the story of my life!):

And last night - THAT's RIGHT - I FINISHED IT!!! Finally!
(I think I started knitting this on ... July 20, if my archives are to be believed...and finished Sept 30! Told you I was not a fast knitter!)
Here it is felted, stuffed and drying on my balcony! That's Knitpicks WOTA yarn and I followed the pattern exactly. I wish I'd done what my friend Alice had suggested. There's apparently a "color-safe" sheet from (maybe it's) Shout! (??) that absorbs excess color in the wash...well, I was too far along in the felting process when her email arrived suggesting I use that...ooops. Yes, the WOTA did bleed. It's not horrendous, I can live with it. After all, this bag is for me, not for sale! lololol!

I know....Nana Sadie Rose making felted bags? Well, probably not. I thought my washer was going to take off for Mars...! And I can't afford a new one....

12 Comments:

Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Awww, this bag is so cute, what an amazing job you did with it! I love the pattern, and the colors you used for it are just perfect!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

The bag looks GREAT Sallee! I hear you on the flying washer! Mine sounded like it was spontaneously combusting!

I'm not a big fsn of the felt...I've done it and liked the finished product but it's a lot harder than just "tossing it in the wash"!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Yarngirl said...

It looks fantastic!!! What a great bag and I love the colors you chose!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The bag looks great finished- what a transformation between the before and after felting pix, it really comes into its own.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's a fun bag!! Isn't the transformation amazing?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Sock Hook'r said...

I LOVE THE BAG!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger ericah64 said...

Very cool. I've been wanting to make that bag, and now I want to even more.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

You did such a NICE JOB on that bag!!! Everything you do just looks super:D

12:53 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Your bag turned out great. And the Meezer yarn is really pretty. I think it would look wonderful in a shawl.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Very very nice!! Love the colour choices!

9:45 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Great bag - it looks so different between the two stages! I was wondering if that color-grabbing sheet would work for felting knits too!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen said...

Your bag looks amazing! Felting is just so neat I should really try it some time.

I love seeing the before and after photos. Your color choices are great too!

Ruinwen
:)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782