knitnana: It's Done!! Wheee!!! A FO!! A FO!!!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

It's Done!! Wheee!!! A FO!! A FO!!!

I know it was just making you nuts last night, not to know what I was knitting all day yesterday at the NoSo Knit-in?!? Right???? Well...it was THIS (and yes, I know I'm a little late to the party...that's the story of my life!):

And last night - THAT's RIGHT - I FINISHED IT!!! Finally!
(I think I started knitting this on ... July 20, if my archives are to be believed...and finished Sept 30! Told you I was not a fast knitter!)
Here it is felted, stuffed and drying on my balcony! That's Knitpicks WOTA yarn and I followed the pattern exactly. I wish I'd done what my friend Alice had suggested. There's apparently a "color-safe" sheet from (maybe it's) Shout! (??) that absorbs excess color in the wash...well, I was too far along in the felting process when her email arrived suggesting I use that...ooops. Yes, the WOTA did bleed. It's not horrendous, I can live with it. After all, this bag is for me, not for sale! lololol!

I know....Nana Sadie Rose making felted bags? Well, probably not. I thought my washer was going to take off for Mars...! And I can't afford a new one....

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, this bag is so cute, what an amazing job you did with it! I love the pattern, and the colors you used for it are just perfect!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

The bag looks GREAT Sallee! I hear you on the flying washer! Mine sounded like it was spontaneously combusting!

I'm not a big fsn of the felt...I've done it and liked the finished product but it's a lot harder than just "tossing it in the wash"!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

It looks fantastic!!! What a great bag and I love the colors you chose!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

The bag looks great finished- what a transformation between the before and after felting pix, it really comes into its own.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

It's a fun bag!! Isn't the transformation amazing?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE THE BAG!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Very cool. I've been wanting to make that bag, and now I want to even more.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

You did such a NICE JOB on that bag!!! Everything you do just looks super:D

12:53 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Your bag turned out great. And the Meezer yarn is really pretty. I think it would look wonderful in a shawl.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Very very nice!! Love the colour choices!

9:45 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Great bag - it looks so different between the two stages! I was wondering if that color-grabbing sheet would work for felting knits too!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your bag looks amazing! Felting is just so neat I should really try it some time.

I love seeing the before and after photos. Your color choices are great too!

Ruinwen
:)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!