knitnana: Socret-Pal Questionnaire
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Socret-Pal Questionnaire

Okay - here's mine! I'm so excited! ooohhh...I got MY Spoilee and am emailing today! Hope my Spoiler can use this info - but if not, let me know!

The basics: How long have you been knitting? A lifetime! Since I was a teenager.

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? Beginner for sure – only on my 3rd pair of toe-up socks.

The measurements: While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent. (fiber related) My shoe size is a women’s 6. (USA) Ask if you need more info. I can tell you how I knit mine...

Favorites: What colors do you love? Purples, all shades of blue, pinks/fushias, chocolate browns, emerald greens, black.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? either

What fibers do you most love to knit with? Merino, superwash wool (for socks).

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? I buy from Knitpicks and elann as well as various sellers on ebay – I love Koigu, CTH, and Roxanne's Zen Yarn Garden. I haven’t tried Claudia or Fleece Artist, but they’re on my list.

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Lace SHAWLS & scarves!

(fiber related) Dislikes: What fibers can you not stand to knit with? Not fond of acrylic tho’ I do use it for charity knitting.

To wear? What colors would you never wear? Yellow, orange, rust, greens that go to the yellow side (lime, chartreuse, avocado).

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Really try not to – but the Knitpicks dpns are intriguing.
Bamboo or wood? YES.

Circs or Straights? Circs.
DPNs or Magic Loop? I use DPNs but am interested in learning to knit with 2 circs.

Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? Embellish-Knit I-cord maker!

The Extras: Do you have a wish list? Yes.
If so, please share the link! On the sidebar of my blog….
Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) Sweet, salty

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? SMOKE – since I quit I can’t stand it.
Favorite scents? Lavender & chamomile (think Target!) and rose
Scents you can't stand? Strong perfumes
Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? Cats (not the real ones…tho’ I know you might be fooled by my blog!) and vintage sewing items

When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) July 11
Do you spin? Nope
Dye your own yarn? Nope
Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... My “favorite author” is hard to pin-point, tho’ I’m addicted to knit books. Love Michael Buble’, Mozart. New England. Maine Coast.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm your Sockret Pal!.. will be checking in again soon. Thanks for the info!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I am your NEW sockret pal, since some people can't seem to send packages when they are supposed to. So sorry to hear about you not getting anything so far, I will be remedying that in the next week or two. Looking forward to getting to "know" you.

Your new Sockret Pal
(who I promise will send a package very soon)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

This kind of drama is exactly why I don't do swaps or secret somethings any more! I hope it works out for you tho Sallee!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!