knitnana: Friday...Where Does the Time Go?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday...Where Does the Time Go?

We've been a tad under the weather today, so it's been just the girls and me at home. I think we all had to recover a bit from the excitement of last weekend's cat show. The girls had to recover from being without me for 4 days! I was just tired.
The Meezer just didn't feel like a photo shoot, so The Blonde Bombshell cooperated instead. You can see that a certain Siamese "turned her tail" on me in the process!

I've done a bit of straightening, a bit of sorting and a bit of knitting.
This is the Blue Caron Simply Soft Lacy Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle that I'm making to contribute to a good (local) cause at the end of the month. More about that later...And I've still got a ways to go in the knitting on this. I'm a member of the Folk Shawls group on Yahoo, but this pattern isn't the current KAL. It is, however, just about the easiest lace I've ever knit! And when I do charitable knitting, I want pretty and easy, combined. This is it! It's also my second time through this pattern, and the first one, a Victorian pink, is now being well-loved by it's recipient! In fact, I understand that the only time the 92-year-old-lady would agree to have it off was when her daughter promised her it would not be ruined by a wash! You just gotta love Simply Soft acrylic!

I also have meant to tell you about a blog contest going on...do stop by Geraldine's and see what's up with The Mitz! (Just a hint - she's not a happy camper!) I just love Geraldine's blog...if you aren't finding knitting and crocheting going on, then it's The Mitz's antics or perhaps some of the best darn vegetarian recipes on the planet!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I hope by Monday we're all feeling in the pink again!
(((hugs)))

12 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

Shucks, sorry to hear you are under the weather. I am trying to look out for myself, as the weather just abruptly changed from hot to cold... do put your feet up and enjoy some knitting time.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Take good care of yourself, Sallee! Hope you're feeling better soon. The shawl is beautiful. {{{BIG HUGS}}}

7:14 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I hope you feel better soon.

The blonde bombshell is very pretty!

The blue shawl is beautiful and I'm sure the charity will be very pleased to have such a beautiful item.

Have a great and restful weekend!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Pretty Shawl....are you gonna join us for the Red Scarf Project too?
And don't forget my blog contest! :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Pretty Shawl! Don't forget my blog contest too! :)

4:45 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

Get better sooon nana!
You need to relax on the couch *horizontal wise* and curl up with those kittys :)
Have a restful weekend!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Dropstitchknitter said...

So sorry to hear your not feeling tip top - rest well. Beautiful Shawl!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling waaaaaaaaay better today Sallee. Nice pic. of the Blonde Bombshell! We love to see the Meezer but can certainly understand the 'turning up the tail' syndrome, it happens here, quite a bit, and sadly,only one tail to turn these days, sighhhh.

Thanks so much for the mention of my contest and blog. Ditto for yours, Knitnana ROCKS!!!!

Have a great day. Huggs, G
and Headbonks from the Mitz

9:15 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

The shawl looks very cozy. I just got the Folk Shawls since I am trying to brave lace- and I love the concept of the "oldest garment" comfort, etc.
feel better!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Forgot to mention. LOVE your shawl, beautiful color and the stitch is so nice. Well done, again!

Huggs, G

12:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you're feeling better! Hmm, is that a little Siamese kink at the end of the Meezer's tail?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry you were sick. The shawl is so lovely. I know whomever is getting it will absolutely love it!

Ruinwen
:)

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!