knitnana: What a Week!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

What a Week!

Amazing. I don't know what else to say.
I'll start here. This is the Lacy Prairie Shawl in colonial blue Caron Simply Soft that I somehow managed to finish this week in advance of Saturday's NoSo Knit an annual local knitting event. The admission is one handknit charity item. I'll be there on Saturday, enjoying the company of a lot of knitters and shopping with some awesome vendors, too.

LOTS of thank yous go out to Lori E, my Knitters Tea Swap 2 Secret Pal for the wonderful box I received today. These goodies (plus the wonderful Wing o' the Moth shawl pattern she emailed me earlier in the week) were far more than I ever expected! I'm especially excited about the Knitting for Peace book she included...it's been on my wishlist...Lori said she had read of my charity knitting on my blog.
I think that's just about perfect, don't you?

Now...in addition to these neat things, I won a contest on Rebecca's blog...she emailed me today to say that not only had I won her moving contest (along with 7 others - congrats to all of us!), but I also correctly guessed the book she and "Mr. Twain" were reading in the photo from her vacation (there were 3 correct answers and we all won something - whoohoo!)! So I have goodies on the way from Rebecca! Of course, I'll share pics when they arrive...I'm just so excited - I had only just discovered Rebecca's blog with this move - so I really won more than her contests! I've won a new friend, too! How cool is that?

As if all this were not enough...I was delighted to find that my Chocolate Swap Pal had received the package I sent along to her and she was pleased with the contents...go look! (...but remember to come back, okay?) I sent along an Oressa DPN case from Nana Sadie Rose... you see, she's a sock knitter who uses dpns, too! On opposite shores but with a common connection - so neat!

Oh...and one more thing (I know, you're getting tired of the abundance?) - today I was half-listening to my radio station. I heard them say..."I'll take the 10th caller for tickets." I could only hope it was the concert tickets I had been wanting a chance at all week. So I dialed. "You have reached..." Canned recording. I redialed. And got a connection with silence. "Hello?" I said. "Umm...two questions: Are you calling for this concert?" "Yes." "Can you pick up your tickets locally today or tomorrow?" "Yes." "You are a winner!"

So I'm going to attend this lady's show tomorrow night!

Like I said, WHAT a WEEK!
(((hugs)))

13 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Wow is right. An abundance of goodness. And Wynonna! Lucky nana!!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its time to buy a lotto ticket Sallee, you are on a ROLL!!!! Enjoy all the goodies.

Huggs, G

and a Headbonk from the Mitz for the lovely Meezer

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lana said...

Way to go Nana!!! Why not buy a lotto ticket just in case:) Meow to the Meezer and gang:D

10:48 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Wynonna! I hope you'll tell us all about it. She's a Dame, in the utterly great sense of the word.

I'm interested in Knitting for Peace, too -- I hope you'll share what you knit from it.

11:12 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

The shawl looks FAB. Same thought goes for winning tickets to see WJ. Hope you have fun at the concert!
=:8

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really guessed well with the book then, I didn't even look at your wishlist. Glad you like your package! Lori

1:37 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

WOW! You've had an incredible week! I'm so thrilled for you! : )

I just purchased the *Knitting for Peace* book about a week or two ago and have read the entire book cover to cover. It's wonderful!

Enjoy all your goodies and have a wonderful weekend!

2:40 PM  
Blogger kat said...

wow the stars must be with you!

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your "winning week" - you deserve it!

The shawl is beautiful- I just finished the same one in Plum Wine Simply Soft.

KarenAK

8:50 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Wowee!!! The abundance fairy certainly waved her magic wand your way this week. Enjoy all of it! You deserve it! :-)

1:34 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Sorry, how could I forget to mention your Lacy Prairie shawl. It's wonderful! And what a great idea the Noso Knit event is.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Beautiful Shawl !!!
And what a Nice box of Goodies you got !!
Congrats on winning Rebeccas Contest!!
Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

3:57 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like a great week! Yay!!!

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!