knitnana: Friends, Swaps, Gifts!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Friends, Swaps, Gifts!

As good as last week was, is how bad this week started out! Beginning with the felting of the Entrelac Bag (I felted again, just FYI, a third time, and it came out lop-sided and really dingy from the color in the dye - (sigh) - I should have left well enough alone). Then a bill with erroneous charges that I'm having trouble getting straightened out. I hate wasting precious time with people who either do not understand how to fix it or won't fix it, for whatever reason... (double-sigh)

So I stopped at the post office today to mail some photos of the DGS's to my sis. And what do I find?? A lovely thank-you (calico kitty) card from an elderly lady who recently was gifted with one of my Kerri bags and TWO packages! This one from Jessica my Chocolate Swap Pal...The box was so cheery with all the different colored tissue in it, and a lovely note...

Of course, I couldn't wait to unwrap...and here are the goodies...
Let me tell you, I've never had dark chocolate espresso beans nor have I had chocolate covered cranberries - they are just divine! Thank you so much Jessica, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Claudia Hanpaint in LEOPARD - dark chocolates and caramels...it's soooo soft!
There was another package in my box, too, this one from Lindsay
The picture of the bag is on her blog, but this is what she wrote on the bag...so cool!
And inside were not just the bracelet I ordered, but a neat pair of knitting needles in lavender (one of MY colors!!!).
Here's an up-close of that gorgeous bracelet she made me - isn't it stunning? The colors are red, lavender and pink (my trademarks) and the charms are hearts (one with little kitty paws!), butterflies (for Lupus) and the awareness ribbons...as well as lots of pink and lavender beads...The Lupus Foundation has a lovely bracelet that was made to raise funds for them, but while it spoke to me, it didn't include the other issues I'm concerned with. I showed it to Lindsay, and she made this one just for me!

As if all that wasn't enough, when I went to the post office, I had those photos to send, so I stopped at the counter to ask them to hand cancel the envelope. The gal behind the desk fell in love with my Nana Sadie Rose bag and ordered one on the spot! Wow. That rarely happens...
My day has greatly improved, and I can't thank you ladies enough! I'm sending you
((((hugs))))

12 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Yay, Sallee! I'm so glad your day turned out so very good. : )

6:33 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The bracelet and the yarn are both beautiful and all that chocolate candy is making me hungry {{G}} Glad that the day improved!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ok I kniw I need to comment on mine but first OMG I love love love that chocolate yarn! omg I need some of that YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
And for the bracelet and needles I made you...
anytime my dear anytime! It always such a pleasure to work with you. Trust me I cant ROAK enough to say thank-you for the bag you custom made for me. In my eyes it is worth the world, so the BIG thank-you goes to you.
Just make sure you give the needles and test run and let me know how they work for you.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

If you're interested in the bag Lindsay is talking about, here's the link to my archives with the photos...her's is the breast cancer awareness bag! Thanks, Lindsay!
http://knitnana.blogspot.com/2006/05/long-weekends.html
((((hugs)))

10:40 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, what a happy cheering mail day!! So it sounds like it was more good than it was bad...

12:28 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Your bags are so gorgeous Sallee!
Lovely gifts especaially that chocolate, yarn and cand both :)

Can't wait ti see what gorgeous sock you knit with that!

4:24 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

... and you deserve all the happiness...

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a haul Sallee!!! Great package to find waiting for you. I agree, the bracelet is stunning. Does the Meezer want a smaller version to wear???
HUggs, g

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm so glad that you had a great mail day! You deserve it!

That chocolate yarn is so yummy. I can't wait to see it made up.

Ruinwen
:)

10:48 AM  
Blogger kat said...

oh the ritter chocolate bar is my favorite lucky you...pretty nneedles too

10:32 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Oh my, there's Leopard yarn? This is almost better than Meezer yarn. The chocolates look yummy, but then so does the bracelet. Glad a bit of grace arrived to balance out the stresses.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Love your chocolate swap haul! My lys has just started getting some of the Claudia's Handpaint--I'll have to track down some leopard.

Cool about the bag order.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!