knitnana: Long Time No See!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Long Time No See!

I know, I know...I'm so behind in updating the blog and you're all going to forget me!
(sigh)
What a whirlwind two weeks! In case you missed me terribly and didn't know why I wasn't updating I was here:

The National Capital Cat Show in Chantilly, Virginia (same place, the Dulles Expo Center, but in the other building) where we were treated to the star attraction:
An Exotic Shorthair Calico who lives in the lap of luxury...
wheeled around on her throne. She literally stays in one position the entire time, totally relaxed. I saw her again later (when I didn't have the camera at hand, of course) lying on her belly with her chin propped on the roll of her fleecy bed and her front paws spread out in front of her...She was just too funny!

That show, as always, is fun and we love seeing all our old friends!

Then, no sooner back to Nana Sadie's studio, than work progressed on additional bags for the TKGA Greensboro Show last weekend:

This time, they provided lovely draping and table skirts. We took lots, but only one rack, as it was a smaller booth (10x8 instead of our usual 10x10). That 2 feet? What a difference it makes!
Next door was Natasha of Unplanned Peacock yarn fame. And behind my booth was Nancy Thompson of Sassafras Creations fame. I think you might notice that in the photo below of all my "haul" at the show, there's a Nancy creation - yes, that's right, down at the bottom there...

I simply love it. I picked up a pair of earrings at Sock Summit 09 two years ago, and have been drooling over bracelets ever since. I still have another pair of earrings and a necklace on my wishlist...

You might also notice that there's no yarn in that photo above? Nope. I didn't buy any. I'd ordered a skein of yarn from Jane (that is the yarn in that link) and knew I didn't need another thing. After all, Natasha is just a stones-throw away, Wyrd Sisters is only a couple of blocks, and my stash bins are full anyway. That pattern in the photo tho, is something I think I'll have to find yarn for. Nothing caught my fancy at Greensboro.

That was an interesting (and exhausting) show. Not sure I'll do another like it - too long, frankly, and pricey. Maybe I'll stick to my etsy shop for the next few months!
(low overhead is a very good thing!)

I missed ya'll!

6 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I was checking the blog links on Ravelry and it occurred to me that I hadn't seen one from you in a while so I moseyed over here. I think it must be ESP or something - before you showed up on the Ravelry update, I must have sensed you had posted.

I'm glad you are well and survived the show. That cat is hilarious. Your booths looked great. And yes, low overhead is very good indeed.

Welcome back, and I hope we hear more from you in coming weeks!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

I recently saw a necklace like that made of knitting needles. Too cool. Your bracelet is gorgeous.

1:53 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Thank you for a peek inside the show. Looks like fun!

Looking at that fat cat, my first thought was, "Diabetes in the making."

9:44 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Your booth looked great!

That is a neat bracelet; what a fun idea!

Hope you get a chance to relax now.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That cat has my life. And looks so freaking relaxed!

Congrats on resisting yarn - even if we don't need it, it can have a siren call!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That calico cat is HUGE!!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!