knitnana: Running In Place...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Running In Place...

Actually, I do quite a bit of walking in place when I use my Leslie Sansone DVDs...but that's not what this post is about - and it's a drive-by at that:

I'm still sewing...(baglets up there...drawstrings and 10" straight needle cases down below)

And in the photo below, there are all sorts of bags, including a couple of the big Mavis knitting bags that I almost never create ahead of time, but for the TKGA Knit & Crochet Show I am making a few of them. By the way, if you're interested in going to the Greensboro event at the end of next month, I can offer a coupon towards general admission. Just let me know if you're interested.

Today, a few knitting fabrics arrived in the mail, and ONE of them came in a USPS Priority Mail envelope - the old lightweight cardboard ones that I don't get very often anymore...). You know? The ones with the TEARSTRIPS?

The Meezer was gleeful...and I kept her in the office chair playing until someone (whom shall remain nameless, but goes by the initials TT - ahem)

got overly curious and finally could stand it no longer and pushed his way into the chair...

Whose tearstrip, Mommie? MINE. My Tearstrip

The Meezer just sighed and settled into her chair...

(I wish she's assert herself a bit more...)

9 Comments:

Anonymous twinsetellen said...

The knitting sheep are making me giggle! Your baglets are absolutely some of my favorites.

Good luck getting all the inventory done that you want. I'm rootin gfor you!

10:15 PM  
Blogger cauchy09 said...

wow, what amazing productivity! best wishes!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Isn't it great that something as simple as a tearstrip makes a cat happy? I think we could all gain from that approach to life!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I agree with Cauchy, your productivity and speed is amazing Sally and such beautiful work too!

The Ched sends headbonks to your gang. He prefers crochet hooks though, not tearstrips!

Have you seen this new knitting book:

http://veggiesyarnsandtails.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/a-new-knitting-book-to-check-out/

Hugs my dear, G :<)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Very cute! Just came by to make sure you were ok after the quake!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Siblings. You've gotta love it!

Looks to me like you're getting a ton of sewing done - they're beautiful!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Are you ok? I thought of you after reading about the quakes. Hope all is well.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So close! I love your bags, the fabrics are amazing.

I wish Hez would assert herself a bit more too. She used to be fierce. She's mellowed.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your little zip bags.

It had to happen sooner or later. Watching the joy of playing with a tearstrip -- who could resist! ;)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!