knitnana: My Delightful Saturday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Delightful Saturday...

I managed to sleep in a little this morning, which was a very necessary thing. I've been tired this week, working on the physical therapy exercises for my shoulders, and had a session on Friday that added more exercises, as well as more repetitions of each exercise (thankfully, not adding more weight in there, too - yet anyway). So it was nice to take a bit of time to feel lazy.

But once I did get up, the first thing I did was toss my Oz Shawl into a Eucalan bath to soak

while I fixed breakfast and had my coffee (and played around online catching up on Facebook, Ravelry, and now on Goodreads and The Simple Living Forums. I can't spend nearly the amount of time I'd like to visiting these spots, but I've challenged myself to put 20 books a day on the weekends up on Goodreads (and I met that goal today).

Once my eyes were open from the caffeine, I brought the blocking supplies into the bedroom and spread out on the floor. The cats joined me, The Meezer helping as she usually does, and scoffing at The Tonk's attempts to assist.

I assure you that he didn't help much - in fact, it took twice as long, because he took to biting the blocking wires in his teeth and teasing them out of the shawl once I'd moved to the next wire...I banished him to the other side of the room till I could get it spread out and pinned down...(dimensions of Oz here are 58" x 25.5")

I thought you might enjoy seeing a closeup of the points all stretched and pinned...

Tonk decided the box and the little plastic boxes of T-pins were far more interesting...

Once I was satisfied, I left it to dry, and went downstairs to make a Kerri bag:

I promised my aunt last summer that I'd make her an autumn floral bag as a thank-you for putting us up when we were in Vermont last August. I also told her that I wanted the Big Sis and the Sis-in-law to help me choose the fabrics. Well. I guess I learned my lesson, because getting the two of them IN my house where the fabric is, both at the same time, is darn near impossible! And I finally gave up. Hopefully they'll both approve of this choice, because I thought 10 months was far too long for this aunt to wait for her bag.

Isn't the inside pretty, too?

By late afternoon the shawl was dry (probably really wasn't quite that long, but I ran out to get thread and a few groceries, and it was dry when I got back) and I pulled out the wires after unpinning and draped it on the white chair for it's glamour shot:

How about another one?

There's no doubt in my mind that this shawl will be made again. Next time? For me.

I'm off to spend a bit of quality time with The Meezer and my Nook. The Tonk got a thorough brushing this evening as I watched the news, so I think it's time the Grand Lady got a bit, too...

6 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Your shawl is beautiful as is the bag for your aunt but that's "normal" for Knitnana - all your work rocks!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger cauchy09 said...

seems like you had a perfect Crafturday!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous AlisonH said...

That's very pretty. Well done!

6:10 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Really great job on the shawl.

What is it with cats and boxes?

8:04 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

What a lovely shawl! You did a fabulous job. Tell the Tonk that Selkie and Poison aren't allowed in the same room as the blocking, period, so he should consider himself lucky.

As for the bag, I'm sure the choices will be approved by all. It is great!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Your Oz shawl is gorgeous! Couldn't Tonk have at least lain on it to block it?

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!