knitnana: Spring Forward! (sigh)
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Forward! (sigh)

If you didn't set your clocks ahead an hour? You're going to be late to work tomorrow!
;)
And no, I don't like this time of year any better than anyone else does. But that never seems to make any difference, they just keep making us do it, ya know? I'm heading to bed early tonight to help myself transition (at least I hope it helps!).

Necessity, fortunately, brought me back in sync yesterday afternoon, and I was able to work on the vet's bookwork and get those wrapped up this afternoon. That's a monthly chore I'm always happy to finish up.

I worked a bit on Ishbel this weekend and wound up the second skein of CTH Supersock in aubergine in preparation for the last half of the shawl - I'm beginning the second repeat of chart B (then another of A and one of C), so there's progress. Of course, I usually only get 2-4 rows done at a time. Shawl knitting is always slow going in Knitnana's house.

I also made a really delicious soup (White Bean Chicken Chili) and wrote a bit about it over on Nana Sadie's Place yesterday.

One thing that helped me out of the spacey-ness yesterday was working on the new plain vanilla sock:

I'm in love with the colors here - it's Fortissma Socka Mexiko Color (#0029) and all those shades are in my range of favorites - aqua, taupe, lavender, black, light denim blue. They'll work with jeans all year round, but especially this spring and summer!

Oh...speaking of jeans? I bought a pair of size 8s. (Don't hate me, please?)

Right Mommie...no one will hate you for that, heheheh

(Can you believe she looked right into the flash for that shot?)

9 Comments:

Blogger sandra said...

Promise not to hate you :-) Love the socks - I need to get a pair on the needles. I had to put three pairs of store bought socks in the rag basket yesterday and I need socks. Yep, I was draggy all day yesterday ....

5:31 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I could never hate you. <3 I'm so proud of you! And the socks look wonderful. I'm glad you found something to put all that nervous energy into. And...Meezer is beautiful as always.
*hugs*
:)

11:27 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

No hating here -- that's great!! The socks looks excellent, and the soup sounds delicious. But I'm with you on this daylight savings mess; can't we end the madness?

5:50 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

size 8? way to go! :D

also, i love the fact that hawaii doesn't change times. is it your turn not to hate me? :)

2:07 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Anyone who would be miffed at you for reaching a goal you've set for yourself isn't worth your time. At least that's what I think.

Love Meezer's shayna punim (pretty face).

1:17 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Oh, size 8!!! Wonderful. I meant to ask before, are you on a regular exercise program too, in addition to your diet? What an accomplishment, I am impressed.

LOVE the socks.

Mr. C says, "Meowmie does the same dumb thing with the flash, it's a humanoid thing!!!"

Hugs and Headbonks, G

2:52 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Congratulations on the 8's!

This is the first year I haven't really noticed DST. I know it's only 3 days in but normally I'm so jetlagged I can't see straight and now.....normal. Ish.;)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I am so proud of you for all you have been able to accomplish! This is great news for your heart:) I love the new sock colorway too.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Size 8!!!! That's awesome. I did too recently. Finally my 3 times a week trip to Planet Fitness is paying off. I still am waiting for my body to feel better though. I still don;t feel 'healthy'.
Congrats!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!