knitnana: Ravelympic Knitter Down!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ravelympic Knitter Down!

...but not out of the running, yet, I hope.

This morning dawned (or pre-dawned, in my case, since I get up at 5:15), and I.Could.Not.Rise.

Blasted hip. Rotten wet/cold weather...

Grumble...groan...harrumph.

I tried hard to tell myself that sometimes I just have no choice in the matter, the hip, which goes merrily along wherever I ask with only twinges and catches here and there, suddenly screams "enough!" and I'd darn well better listen.

So I do.

Snuggled back in for hours of more rest and hot packs...missing my caffeine kick by hours, too.

So finally I dragged myself up (one simply must have sustenance, you know?) and made tea (weaker caffeine) and decided to try to work on a bit of Helsinki whilst sitting with the heat.


Last night was fun - dinner at a local place I love (Montanos, for those of you, in the know), great company (sis-in-law and brother-in-law, we MISSED you Big SIS! Get well!), excellent food (Grilled Salmon Salad) and wine (Salmon Creek Merlot). A second glance at me (ME?) from a nice looking guy (ohh!! LA-LA!!)

I was really tired last night, and missed most of the ladies skating competition (sigh), but did manage to see Canada win gold on the slopes (is it awful of me to hope that Canada does really well, when the US isn't in the running at all?). I have a cousin who lives there, after all...Not to mention Stephanie who feels like such a good friend thanks to her blog and all...

Anyway, last night as well, Big Sis sent along a giftie (for me, supposedly, but I think someone else was really her intention, since I'm not that into catnip):

Someone else was extremely pleased...

A New Kitty Nip pad, Mommie!

I heard her licking it all night long...it's a big hit, Big Sis!

Oh...btw, the Corazon mittens are going to live with friend Sandra, a cardiac nurse. She offered to give them a new home in exchange for a gift card, and I'm as happy as she is. Who better to have heart mittens than someone who helps to save our hearts every day? You can see her amazing photos here.

Never fear, I think another pair of Corazons, in smaller needles, and smaller yarn (and aubergine/ivory coloration) will be making their way into my knitting queue very soon).

8 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

I hope that you got much better over the course of the day... sorry to hear about the pain! Don't you wish that we could be as easily soothed by something as cats are by simple catnip mats?

8:14 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Good knitting like that deserves such a good home. I hope your hip is much improved tomorrow - you were smart to give it a day of rest.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sorry you woke up in pain...I hope it has eased up. I will send reiki tonight. I'm glad the mittens went to a good home. Meezer is so adorable with her pad...what a thoughtful gift. *hugs* :)

6:57 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

It sounds like a wonderful evening, indeed, but I'm sorry to hear that your morning started with such pain! I hope that the warmth and the rest did their job and that you're feeling much better today :)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

I am sorry about the pain too Sallee but good to read about the yummy and fun dinner. And admiring glances, Im not surprised, you are looking GREAT!

Hugs, G

PS: Tell Meezer that Mr. C has now ordered a new laser chase toy. He actually wants a new baby sister but that has to wait a bit!!!

I posted a new blog post at MPP if you have time to stop in.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes and hugs from Louisiana.

Love the white knitting!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Tiffany said...

I pray your hip feels better soon.

3:25 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Gosh darned body glitches catch you when you least expect them. I hope they've since gone on their merry way and that you're feeling more like right.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!