knitnana: No Medal But Progress Beyond Expectations!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

No Medal But Progress Beyond Expectations!

As I reported last week, I earned a gold medal in the Knitting Olympics, and that left me open to finish as much as possible on the WIP Dancing entry in the Ravelympics. I knew I'd not complete my project...since I do have a life:

Beside a day job, and a client, I had a few of these lovelies to complete over the past 18 days. That's the Lounge Cats Knitnana for one of my customers - I'm in love with the way it turned out. She's a knitter and plans to use this style (the 7 pocket version with pattern/file folder pocket) as her knitting bag.

But if I'd not had all those bags to make (besides the effect that would have on my income!) I would have had no problem finishing Helsinki:

At the top of that photo is one side of the hat scarf, folded...I was impressed when I managed to complete it and started on the second side. This afternoon, I posted to the Basket of Shame group on Ravelry that I'd be pretty pleased to get one side of the armhole finished on this second side. But sure enough, as the Olympic Closing Ceremonies were ending tonight, I joined both sides of the armhole at the top. That's just a bit more knitting and I'll have both sides finished.

I have to admit, I'd be farther along if I'd read the pattern correctly. There was much frogging this afternoon. But still, I am very pleased with the progress.

After all, it's the attainment of a goal - I wanted to make "substantial progress" on this piece and I have. I'm going to try hard to stay with this particular item until I complete it (and that does mean sewing the pieces together) so I can wear it next winter.

(Which, I'm sure you realize will undoubtably be as unseasonably warm as this one has been cold...)
*wink*

8 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

A beautiful bag, beautiful knitting - and warmth coming soon, yes? Happy end-of-February (thank heavens...)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That bag is georgous! I love the way you centered the cat on the front! :)

(I keep forgetting to ask you what bag do you think would be good for the new IPad...you know any excuse to get another one of your bags :) )

You know just placing is an accomplishement. You showed up, you did a little knitting and you are farther then if you had not picked up Helsinki at all. So congrats dear friend on all your progress! <3
*hugs*
:)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Congratulations on achieving what you did - which is quite a lot. I admit that without the midnight (rather than torch extinguish) deadline on Ravelympics, I would not have finished my WIP's dancing project. I, too, experienced significant ripping out in the last hours - and mine didn't involve those lovely but complex cables that yours did!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, that's gorgeous! I'm very impressed -- that's a lot of progress, and don't forget those colorwork mittens you knitted. Add that to a beautiful bag (or three) and you've got a huge list of accomplishments. Gold medal for you :)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

You made tremendous progress on Helsinki! Perhaps it will keep you from having a March snow/ice storm, since you will be so prepared for it!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Wow, again and again you amaze me with all the you do and accomplish! The knitting looks great. If you've had enough winter, you can send it out West, ok!!

Hugs, G

2:44 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

That bag has got to be one of your finest! I hope you are very proud of your Olympic prowess:)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Your Bag is beautiful as usual!!
What is the Helsinki?? Now I have to look in Ravelry.. Love the cables and you got so far with it..
I finished my All Way Wrap for the Ravelympics.. So Happy to finish it...

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!