knitnana: What a Whirlwind!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, March 07, 2010

What a Whirlwind!

It's Sunday night again?

I swear it was just Friday.

Ok, I did get a lot done this weekend, but if there was supposed to be some resting done, that just didn't happen! Saturday was spent continuing the weeding out of clothing that doesn't fit - this time the two larger chest of drawers. I also began the difficult task of marking things for a yardsale. In between I was up and down the stairs doing laundry. So I was ready to crash last night, but still stayed up way too late.

Today was devoted to Nana Sadie Rose. I finished this order:

A fabric reminiscent of the 1950s made up in a Knitnana. Love the bold print, but again, this seems to have gone out of print way before it's time - I just bought the fabric last fall! eta: Oh, YAY! I just found a bit, so if you're interested, let me know, okay?

Once that was done, it was time to begin stocking the booth for the Southeastern Persian Society Cat Show in April. I think this fabric is just great - filled with Japanese good luck! I also made up a complementary fabric in a Sundry Baglet while I was at it...

Otherwise, there was the promise of spring in the air this weekend - temperatures in the low sixties and abundant sunshine! I finally put on the tennis shoes and took off for the South Roanoke athletic complex, walking only about 20 minutes and that interrupted by a couple of stretching breaks. (sigh) It's another sign of life flying by, when walking hurts! Still, there were indicators of spring at one of the planters I stopped to stretch against: the first spring bulbs were pushing up their heads! YAY!

I had company while I was in the house, at least, so tonight, with the space heater on, I tried hard to catch a decent photo of Ms. Meeze. Some of you have let me know you miss seeing her here. I waited for a replay of the pose I caught her in last night...sitting directly in front of the heater with eyes closed as the hot air blew in her face - she appeared to be worshipping an ancient cat deity! Unfortunately, she wouldn't repeat it, so...

Please remember, it's not that I don't want to share her with you. She just simply hates the camera flash. The camera strap, however, is another story!
(((hugs)))

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

*sigh* The weekend did seem to fly by.

What a lovely set of bags. I love the kitty good luck one.

It was nice to see Ms. Meezer stop by too.

*hugs*
:)

8:25 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Mr. Ched and I both LOVE seeing the Meezer.

The tote is gorgeous. LOVE the print. Beautiful work.

when you finish your closets, can you come and do mine LOL. What a "not" fun job.

Hugs, G

12:35 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love those bags! The first one turned out especially well with that fabric. It sounds like you had a busy weekend :)

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!