knitnana: Posy Too!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Posy Too!

As promised, photos of Posy, (yes, Posy Too), with the few subtle changes I've made...this is an order, so she's spoken for, but I do have more fabric *wink*
What are the differences? They're really not huge. I don't like to mess with designs that work, and for the most part, according to all the feedback I've gotten, Posy works.
But I lengthened and widened the strap - I had trouble with the small width of it, originally, and finally decided that was my major complaint about the little bag. So the strap width is approximately double the original design. And there's about 10 inches added to the length. Not quite 3 feet in total, up from the original 24 inches. I also tabbed it to the back of the bag about 3 inches up from the bottom. I think the strap slings over your shoulder more easily now. At least I hope so...

The inside of the bag remains the same, but I increased the width and depth (front to back) a bit:
an extra 1/2 an inch wider and another 1/2 inch deeper.

I think this photo shows the difference a lot more graphically than I can describe it:

Yes, I think the bit of extra room will be helpful to me and I hope it will for you, too - I tend to carry two sock projects with me, or a scarf. And that sometimes was just too much for the slightly smaller bag...but I didn't want to make her too much larger. The beauty of Posy is she's small and sassy: quick to pick up and go.

I didn't change the price. I'm trying hard not to do that these days, even tho' costs have increased.

Let me know what you think, okay?

7 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! The changes you made the design are very nice (though I completely adore my original style). You did a superb job as always.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As they say on cereal boxes, "the new, improved" Posy! I think you've got it right.

(See you online next week, after vacation.)

4:35 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Beautiful!!...

7:33 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I still like mine small strap and all! Right now it is hanging on my wheel with the roving I'm spinning in it.
That brown and robin's egg blue is wonderful.

9:12 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Nice changes...I love my Posy!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Pam! said...

LOVE the changes you've made ... may have to get myself one of the "new and improved" ones. ;>

7:34 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I think it looks great! It sounds like you've made the kind of small improvements that make all the difference :)

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!