knitnana: I Think It's Tuesday...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Think It's Tuesday...

You see I've been sick since mid-day Saturday. Finally gave up and got a doctor's appointment today, because I really did feel rotten, and my boss would not have been happy if I didn't have an excuse and missed work tomorrow (which I will).

The results? Some kind of bacterial thingy - probaby a sinus infection, but the nurse told me my temperature was 101.7. Wow. I had no idea, and I'd taken it, too, a couple of times...it wasn't nearly that high when I took it!

As I got into my car to go? I turned on the AC (it's been 90 degrees for days now) and didn't open the windows - I've never seen so much yellow gunk (oak, for sure, sweet gum, too, and there's a third kind of pollen all over everything, but this year is really bad). I ran the wipers to clear the windshield, but all along the street was all this mess - yuck. (yes, it's supposed to break overnight and be back in the much more normal 70s...)

While I waited in the doc's office, and again watching the news tonight, I knit this:
We're making mini socks to wear and exchange at Sock Summit. I started with 3 stitches on each of the two size 0 circulars, then increased to 9 on each needle. Knit the toe, made the heel flap, picked up the gussets, knit the itsy, bitsy, teensy, weensy cuff and ended with three rows of k2p2 rib. Somewhere on the cuff, I switched to dpns, as it was just a little bit easier.

And the colorway is Hot Flash STR, of course.

That's my cell phone for perspective.

The Meezer is hoping I'll stop coughing so she can snuggle - right now, she's staying on the bed, at the very far corner, and only occasionally coming up to check on me...at least she's not running in the opposite direction!

And yes, they DID ask me if I've been out of the country, know anyone who has, or if I live near a pig farm. (The answer is "no" to all of the above.)

The doc said, "You saw those coming, didn't you?"
(sigh)
Unfortunately? Yes.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DH is just getting over a sinus infection/allergic sinusitis, too. He has asthma, so any time he starts getting a respiratory bug he is to hie himself to the doctor. Celestone injections are wonderful!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I hope the meds they gave you have started to work, and I'm glad that it's not swine flu! ;)

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Oh no! I hope you get better quickly! There's something going around BlogLand....glad to hear you reconnected with your friend too. Life's too short and all that (as I nkow you nkow)

Boing is gorgeous! Wendy's book looks fab. My only trouble w/Amazon is that they think I should pay for all those books that show up at my house.....

I didn't realize you were signed up for Sock Summit. Hmmm.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I hope you just stay home and get better and don't get exposed to anyone who HAS been. The sock is very cute.

12:23 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Wow, kiddo. Sorry you're under the weather (or over it, as the case may be :)

Right now, I suppose doctors must ask everyone with flu-like symptoms those questions. Nurse Meezer will do her best to get mommy well.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Feel better! (cute sock!!)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!