knitnana: Countdown to Sedalia...and Sock Summit
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, May 04, 2009

Countdown to Sedalia...and Sock Summit

Over the weekend, I think everyone must have been up the valley at Md Sheep & Wool (I don't miss those events, as they're hard to maneuver when every few hundred yards you have to slow down and sit and you drag your friends back from where they want to race ahead. Uneven terrain, hot sunshine - these are the things that do this Lupie in, quickly!)

Sedalia Fiber Festival is not far off - less than two weeks, on May 16 at Big Island, at the Sedalia Center in central Virginia. It's about an hour (as I recall) from Roanoke. I'm lucky, Dana and Diane think enough of having me there as a vendor that they put me under the pavillion which makes the sun less of an issue for me (tho' I think I may still try to bring a hat - will anyone care if it's red?).

*wink*

The weekend was spent catching up on orders from Charlotte and a few that must be delivered at Sedalia. Over the past few weeks I've been tweaking the design of the Posy Sock Sack. I carry 2 of the original design. I carry them lots and lots, and I've tried various things recently to improve Posy - not to change her into something she's not, just to make her a little better than she is....and I think I'm there. I hope to show one or two before the week is out so drop by soon...

Once I made it back to work, a small package had arrived from Birdsong: her store's sock blocker kit for making mini socks
I hope to have this made up for Sock Summit in Portland this August. I've already made a couple of small ones for exchanging there, and I laughingly told Birdsong that this way she's was going to get me to knit a top-down sock! So we shall see...

This is the Rooster Rock STR knitted up in a barn raising square that is being collected for a large blanket to be auctioned off before Sock Summit is over.

And then there's the new Kaffe Fasset sock. The sock was about 2 inches longer. But I discovered that using the smaller (size 0s) needles, I'm dropping stitiches and not realizing till it's too late. Anyway, I ripped those 2 inches out and started again.

Miss Muffin is almost lost under the length of toe, isn't she? lolol
(((hugs)))

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow! I LOVE that sock yarn! It's gorgeous. I can't wait to see the finished socks.

3:31 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Man, you're convincing me that I have to find some of that Kaffe Fasset sock yarn -- I LOVE those colors!! (Oh, no, not more yarn!) ;)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

I think a red hat would be lovely and shady.

That Red Rooster barn square is striking. I may have been mesmerized by the mitering.

Nice KF yarn!

And aw. The Meezer is a good nurse kitty. Sheba used to be too. Hez sucks at it.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Nice stripes! You have some fun things coming up, too. :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Trust me, it's our pleasure to have you come to the festival! Your sock is lovely and the STR Rooster is a great colorway. You and Dynaknit are going to have sooo much fun in Portland!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!