knitnana: Sunday Again!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Again!

I didn't leave the house today, so no escapades to relate, sorry!

But I worked all day...wanna see?
Isn't this just gorgeous? I have to tell you this is another of those fabrics that was requested in an order, I hadn't seen it. When I did, I almost swooned (yes, that's the perfect word to describe the feeling)...

Purple and gold are the colors of royalty. They're also my high school's colors. I reminisced with Sandra yesterday that I believe my love of purple began in kindergarten when my teacher, Mrs. Merritt (aka "The Purple Lady,") was attired in the color every single day. It was her favorite shade, and I loved her. I think that might have been the start.

Then in elementary school (probably fourth grade or so) my mom finally allowed me to paint my room lavender. (sigh)

It was gorgeous.

Then high school. In my advanced choir days (my sophomore year) we wore short royal purple dresses with puffed sleeves (Mom's had to make them). In A Capella choir, my junior and senior years, we wore long gold gowns, also with puffed sleeves. The two groups often sang together. You can imagine what we looked like? The long gowns in the front of the short ones? (And those of us not able to wear old gold? We looked terribly sick in that funky color - "old gold," indeed, it was MUSTARD!)

Anyway, I digress. I do believe this color combo is stunning and this fabric is amazing. That's a Mavis up there, and below? A matching Glady case:


Another Mavis order:
this is a batik (there is no way a batik will turn out badly, I do believe). The colors are copper, gray, black, and a lovely slate blue/silver.

I had a blast putting the coordinating fabrics into these...and I hope the new owners love them as much as I do.

Just to update you, my "cold" or "allergy attack" - whatever it was - seems to be gone. One day? Never heard of such a thing. It must have been an allergy, but what could have hit me? I'm fine today. I took another of the Mucinex stuff this morning, just in case, but have been fine all day.

Whew!

Now the good news? For all that this is Sunday and the end of a short weekend, this is an amazingly short week for me. Our office will close at noon on Wednesday and I don't have to return until Monday again.

Here's hoping you're lucky enough to have a long weekend heading in your direction, too!
(((Hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger sandra said...

That purple/gold bag is a stunner! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better - must have been an allergy. Enjoy your shortened work week and we'll be in touch.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely work. That purple and gold would be a hit here in LSU territory.

Remember, dear friend, that when you take Mucinex you must get adequate fluids to help mobilize all that gunk. Glad you'll be feeling yourself for the holiday.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the purple and gold and glad you're feeling better - whatever it was.

Log weekends seriously rock my world. :-)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Those are some seriously gorgeous fabrics you used.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

The bags are gorgeous! I love the purple/gold combination -- definitely royal in nature :) And as I can work from home all week, I'm lounging around right now, trying to motivate myself to do some grading, when the spinning wheel is calling...

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, of course! Glad you're feeling better - sometimes, my migraines trigger my sinuses and it's like I have a momentary cold attack.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Pretty bags! I do love purple too, but I don't know where I developed a love for it. Glad you are feeling better!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Pardon me as I sit here and drool over those bags! LOL They're gorgeous!

Keep getting better and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the purple and gold. STUNNING.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!