knitnana: Bor-ing! But OOh! Cats!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bor-ing! But OOh! Cats!

Ok. I'm not sure what's going to become of this blog between now and Christmas, but knitting probably ain't gonna be on it...Everything on the needles right now (and actively being knit, that is) is a Christmas gift. (sigh) Short of giving everything away to the recipients (and most everyone reads my blog) I think we'll have to call this something other than a knit blog for the duration...

So. With that out of the way, I can tell you I met Sandra at Panera this afternoon for an early dinner and knitting (on Christmas gifts, of course). I didn't take a single photo, tho' I suppose I could have taken a shot of the marvelous Cafe Mocha (decaf) that I treated myself with, now couldn't I?

But I didn't. Sorry.

Otherwise, I spent a lot of time today with a box of Kleenex. Sneezing and blowing. I finally thought to take a Mucinex tonight. The headache is now gone, and I've managed to get an entire room's distance from the tissue box! This is progress. I don't feel bad. I am hoping I just came in contact with an allergen from H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks. Ok. The headache felt bad. The nose rivals Rudolph's in color now that I've used half a tissue box (the 280 count, too!).

Um. Yes, I managed to do some of the cutting required to sew. I also washed two loads of fabric prior to cutting. And made two trips to the fabric store for supplies I'd run out of. Now, I actually went once before hitting Panera's and then again after. I forgot something (obvious, too, but I still forgot it). They were very funny there. "She's already been here ONCE TODAY...and NOW SHE'S BACK AGAIN."

You'd think no one ever forgot anything, right? These ladies know me well, of course. And they're delightful gals. So I try to take it in stride.

Is there really a recession out there? (I do watch the news, and I think that's what I've been hearing a lot of lately)

You couldn't prove it by the wall to wall traffic at our huge mall today. Nor could you prove it by how long I had to wait for a parking space. (sigh)

Anyway. Now that I've bored you to death? I'll reward you for reading my prattle this far...

My Big Sis's cat at the Home Show earlier this month...

Actually, he came in before the show and couldn't figure out just why his reality (ie his living room) had been so desperately rearranged...but he's a wonderful cat (loud, but wonderful).

And CC earlier this evening:
She doesn't really like this Millie bed I bought for dear BB over a year ago. She doesn't like it, that is, until it's absolutely too cold for her silky bunny fur coat to be of much warmth to her...THEN? Well, she finally cuddles down into it. It's been out for a couple of weeks. She finally got IN it two days ago.

And then? The Meezer:
Who was decidedly put out today by the number of times I made her get down from the cutting table. I suspect it's warmer than the floor, but it's also exactly where I needed to be.

And we all know, that's where cats have to be, right?

Especially a certain Siamese...

(I hope next time, I can think of something more interesting to share with you!)
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Blogger Tan said...

Cesare was determined to be part of a jigsaw puzzle the other night. Luckily the 3-year-old I was working the puzzle with thought he was even better than the puzzle.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Delightful post. Love to hear about your kitties. They sure love to 'help' don't they, esp putting themselves somewhere near, if not on top of, your activites! (And loud ginger cats are wonderfully endearing!) Oh, and I hope you feel better soon!

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Minky will do anything to avoid sitting on a "cold" floor. One of her favorite tricks is to knock a knitting magazine off the coffee table and sit on it. It's like a "kitty place mat". Note that I did buy a nice plush kitty bed so she wouldn't be cold. No thanks, she says!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that I'm avoiding shopping malls, yarn stores and other retail opportunities like plague right now. For me, "just looking" invariably means I'll spend some money, plus buy lunch and also use gas. When we *do* go the little bit of Christmas shopping we have planned, it will be one day, with a strict list, and a budget.

People are sort of flunking home ec right now in that regard. There's a great article in today's NYT about it.

We started shopping at the local Mexi/Muslim/Asian market instead of the local regular suburban market, we're getting fresher produce, better meat and butcher service, and we cut our grocery bills by a third. Savings? In the bank. NOT to the mall!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Ooo, the Meezer does look disgruntled in that photo. You are clearly not in her good books.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'll take kitty pictures any day! Of course, I like your knitting pics, too, but come on! Cats rule!
(Please don't tell my dog I said that, okay?)

7:36 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

"We are NOT amused," the Queen Bee seems to say with that look. BTW, your sister's boy is quite distinguished looking. I'm a sucker for ginger boys anyway :o)

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!