knitnana: Finished MY Socks...

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Finished MY Socks...

So I can move on to more Christmas knittings...

I bought the yarn for these socks at Yarn Explosion, the new knitting shop here in Roanoke:
I love this yarn. I love the colors - I have so many different tops in colors that will work with these socks (along with my black jeans and black Birkis!). At first, I wasn't thrilled with the almost burnt orange in the mix. Well? NOW I love it!

Pattern: A combination of Judy's Magic Cast On for toe-ups, and then stockinette to the cuff, where I did Wendy's picot edging, and then sewed down the top using the instructions down in the sidebar, over there ---->

Needles: 2 circs, my 1.5 Harmony set, of course.
Yarn: Berroco Sox colorway 1425
Time to complete: Nov 6 thru Nov 18. Not too bad (and I knit a Christmas gift and made bags in that time, too...wonder how long it would take me to knit a pair of socks if I didn't have to do ANYTHING else?)

So now, it's time to concentrate on finishing bag orders, getting thru a family Thanksgiving, getting our annual audit completed, and oh - yes! - making lots of Christmas gifts...
(((Hugs)))

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

That's some fast sock-knitting! I love, love the colors and the patterning. Beautiful!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Very nice, and I also love those colours -- versatile and cheerful!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

oo, I love your socks. Plus I think I could learn something from you about priorities. Yours first, then the gift knitting.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

I love the colors in those socks! And that's some serious crafting you've got going on there :) Good luck with the Christmas presents!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

You sure have gotten to be one fast sock knitter since back when I first met you! I love all the colors in your socks.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

you're just whipping through those socks, aren't you?!

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Those socks are cute!!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Gorgeous socks! I'm going to have to get my hands on some of that very soon. :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Great socks! Fantastic colors, too.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782