knitnana: It's The REAL Turkey Day...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's The REAL Turkey Day...

And I was blog-reading, and discovered Melanie's post about the fact that today is Thanksgiving and there's so much negative and wrong in the world, scary and bad, and just plain angst-inspiring...so she had this as a bit of a challenge and I decided to take her up on it:

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?
"Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for."

Ok...Melanie, here's my list:
1. My health. Because it's really true, if you have your health, you're able to handle so much more...
2. My job - where we make a difference in the lives of those we empower every day.
3. My two businesses. (This includes both my client and my customers - you are all so cool!)
4. My family. (You know who you are...)
5. My cats. OMG. Yes, the cats - and BB, we miss you today. I hope they're fixing turkey at the Rainbow Bridge, because I know you're first in line, honey.

6. Knitting. (And the nice stash I developed in better economic times...as I'll be enjoying it over the next many months!)
7. All of you! The friends I've made here the last few years. What would I do without you all?

Eat a wonderful meal, enjoy the football (if you're so inclined), and have good turkey sandwiches tonight (I will!).

And I'm making progress on the two Christmas gifts I'm knitting these days (better than 1/2 way through each of them). Wish I could show you, but they're on my Ravelry notebook if you're interested...
(((hugs)))

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other through the internet over the last year or so!

3:09 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Blessings!
(My "challenge" actually is from booking through Thursday, but I'm glad you answered it!)

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! My fur girls have celebrated today by not leaving my lap except when I had to ... excuse myself for a few minutes. What devoted company!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I love your list and certainly share most of it with you, especially the part about BB and the Rainbow Bridge. We were reminiscing around the table about our 'best' dog Zippy, and she probably wormed her way right to the front of the line!

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seven whole things to be thankful for? That will kill my Grinch mood. :)

Great list! And dang, I keep forgetting to post my fabulous Grace bag. November has been a bad month for computers.

I hope you feel better too.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!