knitnana: FO! Believe It Or Not!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

FO! Believe It Or Not!

We had a staff picnic today, and you know that means I had my socks ready...and managed to finish these!

The Bubblegum Bedsocks. The pattern is my standard toe-up, with Judy's Magic Cast On, and the mock cable pattern I use often.
Needles: size 2, 16-inch circulars by Susan Bates (Quicksilvers)
(glad I used size 2s with this yarn...they're quite snug even then. Of course, I have another pair made in this yarn, and it does tend to stretch out as they're worn.)
Yarn: Sock-it-to-Me by elann
Time to complete: April 29, 2008 to May 29, 2008 (I'm getting faster...)

And today in the mail, I received this:

1700 yards of hand-dyed lusciousness from Kim. It's laceweight merino. Her Arabian Nights colorway!

For what? If you guessed a shawl, you'd be right.

The pattern? OHHHHH...you want to know which shawl? This one.

Isis is one of the goddesses of mythology that captured my imagination as a teenager. When I saw this on Ravelry, I was blown away. I've been a member of the yahoo group for a bit now, but haven't been ready to cast on. I saved my pennies for the yarn (and Kim graciously dyed extra in a super-large skein so I would have enough). I've not made a square shawl before. I knew that, while this is an amazing shawl done in white, my "trademark" purples and plums would be best suited to this extra special shawl for me.

I won't be casting on for awhile yet. I've got two others to finish, and a third I'd like to complete (Norwegian Woods) with beading (another first).

Oh, and that sweater? Gone. I should stick to what I know is true of me - I'm a shawl grrl.

12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

That shawl is going to be fabulous!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The shawl yarn is downright luscious. I like the way that the colors on your socks appear to spiral in mirror image of each other.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Very cute socks, with the perfect name! :-) And that yarn ... umm, yum!!!! That's going to be a gorgeous shawl.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a stunning shawl, and in that gorgeous yarn... Oh, that's going to be beautiful.

PS: I've received my Mermaid Posy and she's already been put to work holding my stole in progress. :-)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow that yarn is even more georgous in person...it is so right for that shawl! Lovely socks too! :)

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that yarn! Yum! It's perfect for that shawl.

The socks are really cute, too!

10:06 AM  
Blogger margene said...

I adore Kim's yarn! Enjoy knitting with that yummy stuff!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

GREAT Socks... And that Arabian Yarn looks Sooooooooooooooooooooo NICE!!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

My goodness. That colorway is luscious. Absolutely edible. I can't wait to see the shawl in action! :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Denise Bein Kroll said...

Wow, the shawl is going to be awesome! Can't wait for you to start so we can watch it progress!

3:55 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

The socks are fun, but the shawl? That's so very unusual and quite lovely. It will be especially so in that luscious yarn from Kim!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Arabian Nights is why I wish purple were one of my colors... you will look truly magnificent in this though, after the great joy of making it is done... we can't help it if lace is the most fun to knit! I DO think your socks are very adorable, though.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!