knitnana: Ten on Tuesday
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

Carole and Vicki were the two I saw today who divulged the contents of their handbags in Ten on Tuesday: 10 things you have in your pocketbook. I decided this one I could easily play along with and you'll figure out why when I explain what's there:

1. From the top clockwise you'll see a large zippered baglet with Autumn-hued cats on it. That's the bag that houses my pint-sized handcream, lipstick, pens, glass nail file and nail clippers. And yes, it's a Nana Sadie Rose baglet.
2. Next to that I have a hot pink small Moleskine I keep with me to jot notes, phone numbers and such in as needed.
3. A purple hair brush.
4. My purple wallet.
5. My Nana Sadie Rose purple pawprint keyfob (with keys to way too many things, but every one of them is necessary)
6. A small Nana Sadie Rose baglet that I carry my loyalty cards in
7. My Nana Sadie Rose coupon wallet (this carries more than just grocery coupons, I have store coupons and restaurant coupons and there's a slot for every type, as well as one for those I need for THIS next shopping trip).
8. My sunglasses case.
9. My business card case, a gift from my boss at Christmas and I love it more than the plain silver one I'd carried up until then.
10. Next to that is the rolled-up reusable shopping bag I carry so I always have one when I need it.

And yes, there is a "bonus" #11: the purse hanger my Dear Big Sister gifted each of us with Christmas before last to hang our Nana Sadie Rose bags from the restaurant table rather than setting them on the floor. I love it. I especially loved it even more when, after reading Peace and Plenty by Sarah Ban Breathnach, I learned that the Queen of England has an entire handbag coding system that she uses with her ladies in waiting when she's out. Hung from one side of the table it means one thing, from the other something else again, up on the table top means she's ready to leave, or swinging from the hook, she's enjoying herself and will stay a bit longer....

I adore that! Now you can imagine me giving the Queen's graceful wave from the elbow as I quietly wish you "Good-night!"
*wink*
oh, the theme? Nana Sadie Rose, of course...and that Queen-thing. Totally the Queen thing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

You have a very organized purse!! I'm impressed :) I also love the image of the Queen and her handbag code; I will say, though, that I am congenitally incapable of putting a handbag on a table where I eat, after my nurse mother explained in great detail all the things that end up on the bottom of a bag... :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Haha. I'm laughing at the Knitting Linguist's "nurse mother" comment -- having a retired nurse for a mother, myself. There are things I was really perfectly fine not even thinking about...

The Queen's handbag code is a hoot!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!