knitnana: Cat Mittens Modeled!

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cat Mittens Modeled!

This was a weekend to relax and recoup. I made two trips yesterday and today down to the Farmers Market again (and yes, I bought the top! Shhh...). I picked up a bunch of veggies from the farmers there, a variety of potatoes, greens and squashes. Both days I ran into friend Sandra who helps out a farmer she knows at his stand. She was dressed for chilly temps and windy conditions both days, in her wonderful warm handknits. She is one of the few people I know who can successfully wear yellows and lime greens with panache, and I'm always a little in awe of her -- I despise "trendy" anything, and Sandra is nothing close to trendy - she has style. You know what I mean? There's a photo of the two of us today over on Nana Sadie's Place. You can see what I mean...

She was kind enough to take a photo of me in my new cat mittens and the coat they were made for:

I was on my way to KnitIn, our Sunday Knitting group, and I had hoped she'd join me, but alas, she felt compelled to stay and continue to work the veggie stall.

Lynette beat me to the meeting, and we had a wonderful afternoon chatting with everyone and laughing and learning and sharing. We're a great group of (mostly) older gals and we have a lot of fun. I made sure I had a simple sock OTN:

Once again, it's Berroco Comfort Sock, this time in the blue/green/brown colorway that Sis-in-law picked on our Vermont trip this summer. Not sure they'll get finished for the holidays, but that's okay...she knows they're on the way.

I also managed to get to the post office yesterday and discovered a lovely little "Got Wool" -er- I mean "Get Well" gift inside:

Birdsong, I LOVE the Laurel Burch Cat earrings...but the card had me in stitches!

Ooops. Sorry, bad pun.
*wink*

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

Thanks for the compliment - scarves, bracelets and hand knits are my mainstays. Oh and my levis :-) and fun shoes...

8:37 PM  
Blogger squiggi said...

Love the cat mittens.
You look great by the way!
need to change that pic on your blog, though.
;)

3:12 PM  
Blogger squiggi said...

well, heck, never mind about the pic.
It's not there anymore.
(maybe it never was, getting old, ya know)

4:39 PM  
Blogger KnitNana said...

Oh, Tami - you're so funny! I'm getting old, too...I went looking afraid I'd forgotten to change a photo I didn't remember (b/c my remembering isn't as good as it used to be, either!)
(((hugs)))

5:56 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

In those mittens, you have Style!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782