knitnana: Grasping At Blog Material
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grasping At Blog Material

Ok...it's not quite that bad. I have some things to share...
I decided after the cat mittens were well underway, that I might as well accept I'd been bitten by the stranded knitting bug. When the Knitpicks catalog came, I pretty much lost it. At present I'm drooling over the possibility of one day having one of each of the 100 colors/shades/tones of Palette...and I already own quite a few (bought for a December Lights Tam from a past IK Holiday Knitting magazine (but in my own palette of colors - the grays/blacks/purples). Oddly enough this batch of Palette was purchased at the same time I bought a kit from KP for holiday gifts I can't mention b/c they're for folks who read my blog - however...

I'm an idiot sometimes. Didn't read the details under the kit - and should have purchased KP's WOTA (Worsted weight), not their Palette (fingering weight). Oops!

So...now I've gotta figure out what to do with the Palette, and rethink my holiday gifts a mite. (sigh) Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy.

These came in the same Knitpicks order:

I didn't have any of the size 2s and 3s in dpns. Figured it was past time.

Today, TKGA's Cast On arrived in the mail...I'm in love with those gloves and I've heard really good things about this issue. I'm saving it till bedtime to drool over...

And I've had the IK Holiday Knits for a bit...there are a few things I'd like to make, even for gifts, but I suspect they'll wait till next year.

Finally, I'm almost certain I haven't mentioned that I bought this last month:

Um. Yes. I'm. HOOKED. On. Starmore.
oh my...

4 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Stranded knitting is a lot of fun.. It also produces the "one more row" syndrome that makes it difficult to put down. {{{HUGS}}}

10:20 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Ooh, those DPNs are droolworthy...

11:19 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm quite certain that my KP Palette skeins are breeding. Every time I look there are more of them...and I just know that I did't buy that much yarn. ;)

3:00 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I agree - great gloves on the cover of Cast On. I'm thinking about doing them but modifying the fingers so they are less bulky - maybe reduce the amount of twisted stitching down each one.

And I am very interested in acquiring the Starmore Aran's book and the IK holiday knits mag. Hmmm, I may have to go shopping tomorrow!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!