knitnana: The End of October...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The End of October...

Call it Halloween, call it Samhain, celebrate it with costumes and candy, or bonfires, tonight marks the traditional end of the harvest and beginning of the darkest time of the year...so I had the blinds open today to let in as much light as possible. Some in my household took that as an invitation to be lazy:

Once the sun passed from the front of the house, I was able to get a bit more assistance in the sewing studio:
Sewing Assistant #1 really started to get into her duties for the first time in a lo-ong time!

Even the Sewing Assistant-in-Training showed a bit of initiative:

(Sometimes, he shows a little too much initiative, frankly, and I find pins all over the floor - I have taken to putting the pin dish in the desk drawer, but I sometimes forget!)

Yesterday I managed to finish these without a spec of help from the crew:

That pawprint Oressa double-point needlecase looks like this inside:

Today I managed to complete a couple of Teabird Spindle bags and I have two more on order to complete. I should have them finished by next weekend, and then can start on Christmas orders! (Do make sure if you were thinking of gifting something from my shop, that you place your order sooner, rather than later, okay?)

Weekends at Nana Sadie Rose's place are rarely dull.

(But I'm putting in a couple of hours on the second Cat Mitten as a reward for getting some of the NoSoKnit orders finished!)

Happy Halloween, Happy Samhain - whatever your personal preference is! (I'm just happy there is no candy in this house, since Weight Watchers!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Birdsong said...

We have been celebrating both! Decked the house, dressed in costume and fed the visiting ghouls, as well as read and meditated on the deeper meaning of the season. Blessings to you, dear friend! I just love the assistant-in-training; just a wee handful of a kitty.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Happy Samhain indeed! And Happy Halloween - the girls certainly enjoyed that part of the holiday. The bags look absolutely wonderful, and I'm glad that you got some assistance for once. I'm also glad that Teabird orders are coming in - I love that bag!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

Happy Samhain. I almost carved a turnip, but spun instead.

BTW, I'm wearing my belt bag all weekend long. Now when we finish eating and sit awhile at the table, I don't have to offend DH by going to get my knitting while we talk; I just slip it out quietly and I don't think he even notices.

10:45 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Wonderful pictures of your feline housemates!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

How lucky you are to have such helpful felines! All of your cases and bags are so lovely. I just adore the one with the crows. *hugs* :)

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!