knitnana: Just Call Him Oscar...(sans "the Grouch")
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Just Call Him Oscar...(sans "the Grouch")

I have a little boy who is constantly into things...not to mention how messy he is. I'm so unused to this, as my little girls have always been pretty dainty and The Meezer really is one who stays neat and tidy. So today, I thought I'd share some of the antics of my own little "Pig Pen" kitten:

He LOVES getting into trash cans, and in fact, he truly believes that any trash can was made for his enjoyment. Turning it over and spilling the contents is highly entertaining! Note he's having a little trouble here?

And so instead of hanging over the edge, he leaps INTO it head first from his perch (which you can just see in the background, along with a scrap of paper he fished out)

Have to admit that I finally got smart and put two heavy old dictionaries in the bottom of the sewing room trash can - which is why he can land IN the trash and not knock it over.

The best thing, of course, is pulling scraps and tissues and tape and whatever else he finds in there, out onto the floor - these are his treasures! (Hmm..just realized I'm describing a lot of Dumpster Divers out there, eh?)

After I'd corrected him a dozen times, he went in search of other amusements, as I was sewing this afternoon...the ironing board leg makes for excellent bunny kicks!

And when all else fails, he attempts to get my attention this way - belly up for a good rubbing...

I did manage to finish a bag this afternoon, in spite of his antics. I'll try to show you that in the near future!
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

I think the only solution is... leave treats for him in his little Dumpster! (Why, yes, he did pay me to say that!)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

He reminds me of Moki & his antics but I never had the smarts to put something heavy in the bottom of the can! (duh) Boomer & Max are fairly well behaved other than Max chewing up any piece of paper left on the floor. If I were still in school, I could honestly say that the cat ate my homework.. {{{HUGS}}}

11:46 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

My little trash bag thief is just as annoying (and adorable). I got tired of trying to get him to change his ways. Just like you, I remembered that there is no reasoning with a cat.

I opted for round, covered cans. He can't jump into the can or pull anything out.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

What great pictures! He seems very happy with his self-made toys - not unlike kids with boxes come Christmas morning :)

7:45 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

It is very funny - and very familiar! I empty the spinning room wastebasket quite frequently to avoid having the bits and pieces of fluff strewn over the floor.

He is lucky he is so cute!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

You might just convince me that I need a house kitty (and a Meezer one at that!) again. My barn kitty was a wild baby, rescued by dear youngest son, and is now 11 years old. Some kind of record for a barn cat, but making me a wee bit nervous.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Awwwwh he's gotten so big and beautiful in such a short time...all that love of course! :)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!