knitnana: Why Hello There!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Why Hello There!

Promise I didn't forget you.
*wink*
Last weekend was incredibly busy, my sis-in-law and I did something we never, ever do! We spent time together all four days (Friday thru Monday!) and didn't have an enforced Nana Sadie Rose booth making us do it! lolol

We went out to eat every single night (except the 4th when we had a potluck cookout), I didn't track WW points at all, I ate things that I wouldn't normally have eaten (ex. IHOP pancakes, grilled hamburgers and chips, wine 3 of 4 nights!), and ended up losing 2.6 pounds for the week. Don't hate me. I'm not supposed to be doing this. (sigh)

So the other reason you haven't heard from me is the enormous pack of alligators I've been fighting for several days. I've been really busy and focused on that, so not thinking "blog." Alligator-wrestler Nana.
heheh.

Tonight, I'd just about had it. I was hungry, I wasn't in the mood for healthy, I wanted S.P.L.U.R.G.E.

I went to Barnes & Noble Cafe. I won't tell you what I had, but dessert was front and center. It was good. 'Nuf said?

And then I bought a couple of things, headed home to do a few chores, and now, as soon as I finish this post, I'm settling down with:

IF you were listening to All Things Considered tonight on NPR you know about this (it was a true "driveway moment" as I sat in front of B&N with the A/C running in 100+ degree heat to hear the entire interview). Jane Brocket blogged about it today, too: James Taylor and Carole King, together again.

Oh my. Wish I could have been in DC for that concert!

The soundtrack of my youth.

And yes, they only get better (as do we all...)

Oh and the newest Artful Blogger, too. Eye candy and new blogs to visit. I'm sure you notice something else in that photo, right? Well...Here's the other end, chasing the camera strap:

And in two shakes of a lamb's tail, he had it! See?

Cutie-pie...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love meezer heads, where you can tell their kitty ears were folded before they were born. Such a sweet little spot to scritch! Dear pictures of your boy!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The Tonk is such a beautiful boy & he doesn't seem to mind being eye-candy via the camera. Keep the photos coming! {{{HUGS}}}

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Carrie #K said...

Aw, cutie pie.

Alligators?

It's true what they tell you - sometimes you have to eat more to lose. Sometimes. I try to keep that sometimes word in mind. ;)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

hrm. i've never heard of the Artful Blogger. must check it out!

The Tonk is so endearing! he makes my heart all gooey.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Mmmm...sounds like you had a wonderful B&N trip. Tonk is soooo precious and the watergun stories made me laugh out loud!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!