knitnana: The Party's Over...It's Time to Call it a Weekend...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, May 25, 2009

The Party's Over...It's Time to Call it a Weekend...

Three days just disappear when you've got a list a mile long of all you want to accomplish. I did get a lot done...including some of the cleaning that's been hanging over my head (and underfoot! *wink*), but no, I still can't invite company, as there's way more to do yet! When will I get another 3 day weekend? Hmm....not until Columbus Day, as there are Nana Sadie Rose events every holiday between now and then...(sigh)

Guess that means I'll have to squeeze a bit of cleaning in on the weekends and weeknights (or give it up, which might actually be easier...)

I did manage to get a few things done that I wanted to show you - these owls were done for Sedalia, but I never got them posted beforehand:

I thought they were so cute, I had to make a Sundry Case, too...

And this weekend, a fabric arrived that I just loved:
That's a black and white gingham with pink and red ribbons and bows and little bitty hearts. It's just so fresh and springlike, I couldn't resist making it up in both the Posy Too and Sundry Case.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend...did you do something special? Go away for a mini-vacation? Stay home? Visit festivals, have a picnic and concert in the park? What did I do? Other than planting tomatoes, cleaning, knitting, sewing, and listening to a book on tape, I dodged raindrops this afternoon and evening...and enjoyed potato salad and three bean salad in a nod to summer food today!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tan said...

Those owls are so cute! And my little cat bag with the 1950's looking Meezers caught my sisters' attention while we were up at the parents' last week.

I went to see Star Trek. That was my holiday thing.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stayed home and knit - check!
Dodged raindrops - check!
Went to farmer's market, then took home my goodies and made potato salad - check!

You've got me pegged. It was a lovely weekend.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Sounds like an excellent weekend (that salad sounds yummy!) :) I lean towards the giving up on cleaning suggestion -- seems so much easier ;)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

Those owls are so cute! My mother would love that gingham set.

Planting tomatos is the most important part of the weekend. It was FREEZING here on Sunday. (Well, CA freezing.)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

That owl fabric is adorable!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!