knitnana: Lazy Mid-Week
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lazy Mid-Week

Wednesday...it's Wednesday. I know, the one day that splits the week in two. We're more than half-way through. Whew. (poet and don't know it...) It IS the day I finally got to the stylist and got my hair brought back under control...it had gotten way to long, completely wild and wonky. It's so much better now.

DD came by tonight with a few new items to put on my (our?) etsy store, and I just don't have the energy to do that right now, so I'll show you a few of them here...
Yes, that's a clay sheepie on a cell phone leash...I love her sheepies!

Today I began a 6-week online course in web design using FrontPage through our community college. My office uses it for their site, and the plan is for me to be the backup person. My boss is a neat lady, I know I've mentioned, but she kindof looked skyward saying, "and what you do with that knowledge is your own business..." knowing full well that my "own business" has a website that is also done in FrontPage. So...you might eventually see some changes over at Nana Sadie Rose, but perhaps not for a bit.

A couple of years ago, I bought the domain for Knitnana.com and there's nothing there, but I plan to use it as my class project. Once I'm done with that, I may decide to find a hosting service and move the blog there, but we'll see. I will still look for my DD to make great graphics, as that's just not something I want to get into...

But you know? This week has so far been catching up on things here (like washing dishes), finishing a book my boss had lent me (and I always take too long to read these things), and the past few nights, flipping through Country Living and Better Homes & Gardens, which is where I saw the kitchen I wish I could have (it's there on the right side of the photo:
Oh, and that's the pattern Shawl That Jazz, along with Double Bubble Socks - I bought them because I could not resist them...I do have a skein of sock yarn that will be perfect for the Double Bubble socks.

But I'm going thru angst over the colorway of STR BFL Sport to choose for the shawl. That will be my larger project for the summer - the one that I carry on the plane, well if I can stand to knit it on the Harmony's - the color I want is dark. I might need to bite the bullet and knit with the Denise set, at least on the plane...

We'll see...But I'm really being lazy and trying to recover. And pray tell, who decided that we had to zoom back up in the high pollen count again the past two days?
Argh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must be hopelessly old-fashioned, but I've never figured out what to do with a cell phone leash. My crazy mind races ahead to wonder if there is a leash law?

Yet it is such a darling sheep. :-)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Recovery is good :) And you know how much I love the yarn you're looking at for that shawl! It seems like perfect plane knitting to me (and, in my experience on U.S. planes, you could take Addis to knit it on, if you wanted) :0

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

That kitchen looks fabulous. I want it too.

Sheepies are good. Recovery is good. Pollen? Not so much on the nose.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

You are NEVER lazy Sallee, that is not a word that could ever relate to you. I am amazed by all you do and all you accomplish so well.

Happy Weekend and hugs to you and the kids. G

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!