knitnana: The First Step Is Admitting The Problem...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The First Step Is Admitting The Problem...

The Knitpicks catalog arrived today. I was already warned that it was on the way, and since I'm saving for Sock Summit 2009 I was planning on skimming and that was it. The warning I got was that there wasn't much new to look at...I already knew I loved the new Organic Cotton, but was managing to hold off on ordering it (so far...)

But as I was listening to Keith Olbermann's interview with Nancy Pelosi, I stopped working on the stockinette sock, and idly picked up the catalog. I was in pretty good shape as I flipped pages.

Until...
OMG! Tweed?

City Tweed, to be exact. Dk and worsted weight coming the end of April. In colors that, if true to the catalog photo, make me drool...purples, plums, grays, a blue that rivals my favorite Jo Sharp DK Silkroad Tweed (called Boheme it's what I used to make my Highland Triangle shawl), then also ivory and caramel. IF this new KP's City Tweed is as lovely as the photo? I'm in serious, serious trouble.
Mommie, the first step is to admit you have a problem...let me help? You are addicted to yarn...ADDICTED, do you hear me? Please seek help? Or at least let me nest in it?
...The Meezer

7 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

i don't think my catalog has come yet. maybe i should just save myself and toss it without looking! ;-)

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never considered something that tweedy for a shawl. Ooh, I have the Folk Shawls book....if I bring any money home from Disney World in May that would be fun.

Enabler!

9:03 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Those almost got me, too - but I'm holding out...holding out ... holding out ...

9:22 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

OMG-I didn't know they have tweed. I love tweed! I can't wait to get my catalog. My kids tell me what your cat is thinking about the yarn addiction!!
~Corinne

11:08 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Yep, I noticed that tweed myself!! AND the cotton!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Mr. Cheddar said...

Oh Meezer, you are such a wise kitty. But there ARE addictions much worse than yarn. :<) Your Mom does have good points too, remember that!

Headbonks, The Ched!

Hugs and Happy Easter
(and from my Meowmie too)

11:28 PM  
Blogger B said...

oooh. Mine hasn't come yet. Maybe it should go straight to the recycle bin. I do NOT need to be buying yarn right now.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!