knitnana: The Day After...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Day After...

And back to the things I do best...

6 more Fionas for the shows this weekend! (I have bags in process, and hope to have them to show you tomorrow night)

Then, two items came off my needles in the past two days:

Trekking XXL 62 (I call them my gray socks). Knit on size 1.25 Inox Grays. My normal sock pattern with Wendy's easy lace pattern. These went pretty quickly. I started them right after the first symphony concert (when I realized I didn't have any black/gray socks to wear to the concerts) in mid-October. The next concert is Monday night, and these are ready! Whoohoo!
And last night, as the election was called and I listened to our new president's acceptance speech, I cast off these gloves. They're really too large for me as the pattern is for a size L, and I do have small hands (and feet, the smallest things about me!). If I had it to do over, I'm make them smaller around in the hand by at least 10 stitches. That is, if I could figure out how to adjust the fingers, too. Will I make them again? Perhaps. This is STR Mustang Sally and the Knotty Gloves pattern. They may be a bit too big? But they're going to be warm...
:)
So how's that for a crazy, busy week?
((((hugs))))

6 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Wow! That's a lot of crafty goodness to go along with the presidential goodness :) I love those gray socks a TON -- you're making me realize that I need some gray socks myself. And the gloves are gorgeous; I bet the extra room makes for a little bit of extra warm air trapped inside :)

12:05 AM  
Blogger elaines630 said...

Those gloves look great! I ended up frogging mine because they just werent going to turn out like I wanted. I think I need some elastic in them to make them fit how I would want anyways. The socks look great too!

You should check out the Sock Knitters Anonymous Group on Ravelry. For November we are doing patterns from Wendy!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Ummmm...quick question if I may? Do you sleep? EVER?!?! lol

The gloves are beautiful, as are the socks and Fionas. Your work is always just fantastic!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

The gloves are wonderful and I envy you. I've not got the courage to try making them at all. Mittens are about my speed.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

I agree with the earlier comments, all the projects - sewn and knit, are fantastic and I wonder how you do it.

as to the gloves, how about washing them lightly with some mild soap and warm water - let them shrink to your hand size. That would make them more dense and even warmer.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Such eye candy! I don't know what to exclaim over first! So here's an overall Mmmmmmm!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!