knitnana: Announcing the Posy Sock Sack!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Announcing the Posy Sock Sack!

I promised you a surprise. And you're getting the first glimpse of the newest Nana Sadie Rose bag way ahead of anyone else (they'll be available to be seen on April 14 at the Sedalia Fiber Festival).
edited to add: "yes, I'll bring one to Knit Night on Thursday, all you Roanoke Valley Knitters & Spinners!"

Here are two:

Nicely padded to protect all your stuff, the bag is 10.5 inches tall - plenty of depth for sock yarn, your current sock in progress and the longer dpns if you choose to use them. It's 7 inches wide and 5 inches deep at the base.

Inside are 5 flannel "pocklets" - sized for scissors, pens, crochet hooks, and dpns. Unlike my other bags, the Posy only has pockets on one side...I saved tons of room for the important stuff - the sock and sock yarn!

There's a single strap - this style, while similar in look to my other bags, is a shoulder strap bag that's a lot like a backpack. The strap is approximately 26 inches long and the bag fits nicely over your shoulder (with the bag either in front of you or in back - your choice).

See? You can even toss in your cell phone, a note pad, whatever you need to keep track of your sock in progress.

These are spoken for. More are on the way. If you're interested, email me, as they're not on my website yet (tho' DD is working hard on that, I hear!).

Let me know what you think, okay?
(((hugs)))
edited to add: Cost is $29, with shipping $5.50. I have to charge you Virginia sales tax if you live in Virginia! Allow approximately 3-4 weeks for delivery! I accept PayPal, but let me send YOU an email invoice - so contact me thru my email over there on the sidebar, please!

18 Comments:

Blogger cate said...

Dang it Sallee!!! You told me you weren't making backpacks. Add just one more of those straps and you'll sell millions *hopefully*

I NEED a backpack! I would rather buy from you, dearie!!

Love you, catie

8:09 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Those are just too cute! And let me know how much you're gonna be selling them for! :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Sallee, it looks wonderful! : )

8:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ohmigosh, it's gorgeous!! Oh! *bounce bounce bounce*

8:34 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Wow! What a neat idea - I especially like the back strap which leaves your hands free for knitting needles. It would be just right for carrying around a washcloth on the needles for our Cloths For Crisis group.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Just when I thought I had all the bags I needed!! It sure looks very functional and I always have socks OTH.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Pam! said...

Love the single strap.
Must.Have.One ... oh who's kidding who? I seem to always have 2 sock or small projects going on.
Make.That.Two. heh hehe
Can you bring one with you on Thursday for drooling?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I really like the sling idea, and you have sure thought out what will be most useful for the sock knitter... its awesome!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them! I want one!! Could you drop me an email with how much and if it would be possible to have a dragonfly fabric? I assume the wait time right now is quite long - this is going to make you famous (even more so!!)

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I really like it. I wonder: is there a closure? My cat family, Siamese all, can be a bit curious of any tote bag they find standing without a chaperone! VBG!

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are awesome!!!! So how much are they?!?!?!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great design!!! Just when I thought I had every bag I would ever need......LOL!

6:28 AM  
Blogger kat said...

Lovely work, I'm sure you'll get tons of orders

1:28 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Wonderful pattern! When can we see the available fabrics?

1:28 PM  
Blogger me myself and i said...

too cute! I am gonna need one of those...or maybe 2!!!

Rebecca :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Very cute bag. I'm sure that you'll sell tons of them as they seem to really fill a need. Congrats.

Tanya

4:17 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Sallee I am in love with the Posy Sock Sack and I so need one since I'm teaching a sock class this month! :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Great bag, Sallee!!!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!