knitnana: We Have A Winner!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

We Have A Winner!

This has already been an action packed weekend! Last night dear SIL and I ventured to the "distant" (LOLOL!) town of Salem, VA to enjoy the Roanoke Symphony's Pops Concert with Aaron Neville and had a terrific time, first eating at a popular local restaurant, Mac and Bob's. Jazz and R&B are in our blood, as my late brother was the founder of his own jazz trio popular in our area for many years and he was instrumental in starting our annual Jazz Festival, as well. So it really was a great evening. (This week marked the 5th anniversary of my brother's death, so it was especially important to mark it this way.) edited to add...did I mention I won the tickets to the concert?

Then today, we spent a few hours celebrating the 125th anniversary of Roanoke, the "Star City of the South" and my hometown. Today also marked the opening of the long-awaited new Exhibition Hall at the Roanoke Civic Center. I'm going to put photos on my other blog - Nana Sadie's Place as I think it's probably better to go on and on about such things there!

But before we headed out this morning, I asked Dear SIL to "do the honors" and draw a name from the (as it turns out) mixing bowl! And the winner of the new, not quite ready to be photoed, Posy Sock Sack is....(drumroll, please...)

LANA! I will email you, Lana, but if you don't get it (because it's possible my email for you is an old one) PLEASE email me at siameezercat gmail com (with the AT and DOT in the proper places...)
CONGRATULATIONS!

And The Meezer thanks everyone for their wonderful descriptions of her...she enjoyed having them read to her!

And the rest of my day was spent completing the last bag orders from the Star City Cat Fanciers Show in January - yes, it's taken me an embarrassingly long 9 weeks to finish them (tho' I did warn folks that it would be longer due to my move - which ended up taking over a month in total, of course, I'm STILL not completely unpacked or decorated yet...!). I'm ecstatic to have them finished!

The Meezer is excited...

This is my first time on this new cutting board of hers. It's nice and stable. Do you think, if I drape myself over it, she'll forget all about this Nana Sadie Rose bag business?

5 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

What a wonderful time you've had the last few days! I love Aaron Neville.
It is certainly a wonderful way to commemorate your brother.

Congrats to Lana!

I can't wait to see your new bag!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Free tickets to see Aaron Neville! Too cool! I see him any time he comes up this way.

My old boyfriend was from Roanoke. I even visited there once. It's a beautiful area.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats, Lana!

That concert sounds like an absolutely wonderful way to remember your brother.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

So glad you got to go to that concert! I have been a fan of Aaron Neville's for years... and you won the tickets too. You deserve some fun before getting swamped in bag-making once again.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a nice treat for you and your SIL! It sounds like you both had a great time. :)

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!