knitnana: Twas the Day After Christmas and All Thru the Mall..
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Twas the Day After Christmas and All Thru the Mall..

Everybody was scurrying to spend it all...

No silly - their gift cards...lol! (ok, I never claimed to be a poet...)

However, I did visit the stores today (not actually IN the mall) and picked up the most important things on my wish list ...

I'm drooling over the shawls in Victorian Lace Today, they will have to go on the back burner as I'm overwhelmed with plans for lace shawls already, but I wanted this book for the eye candy alone. Then, yes, that's Michael Buble...I'm listening now. That voice is so mellow, so smooth, it takes me right back to that phenominal concert in August!

And on the bottom? Well, that's my Red Scarf. I had to dash out hoping to find the same dyelot of the Lion Thick & Quick in Cranberry...and I didn't. I was lacking 5 inches to finish this mistake rib scarf...(sigh) I picked up 2 skeins of charcoal and picked up and gartered 3 inches on either side to make it long enough. I hope it's sufficient. Dear Son-In-Law got one of these scarves (all garter knit longwise)...I should have stopped his a few inches shorter! Mind you, I forgot to get a photo of it, but DD is supposed to send one...

Otherwise today, I exchanged the Palm Z22 I bought for myself mid-month for one that works (I hope!). It died deader-than-a-doornail 20 minutes after I started using it. The new one is still functioning...so I have high hopes of becoming a bonafide member of the electronic age. My Day Runner (of years and years) weighs 3 pounds. The Palm is just 3 ozs. Somehow there's just not a comparison!

Hope you got everything you wished for, but if not...make haste to the mall!
(((hugs)))

6 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so happy that you had a great Christmas...and some shopping fun today!

I just got in from trekking to the LYS to spend my gift cards toward the wonderful Spring Retreat. I'm signed up for the entire weekend with classes from Myrna Stahman! I can't wait!

Enjoy the eye candy from Victorian Lace...and the wonderful sound of Michael Buble. : )

7:58 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

The scarf looks nice with the grey borders on the ends. I've never heard Michael Buble, but when I think of mellow, smooth voices, Roger Whitaker comes to mind. I browsed the Victorian Lace book on the KnitPicks site after you mentioned it earlier - it's nice that they show you some of the projects in each book. My DYD gifted us with a DVD player for Xmas - taped to the box was a note: "Welcome to the 21st Century!" {g}

8:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I treated myself to VLT, too! Lovely book. I have my fingers crossed for your new Palm. LOVE my Palm. Terribly addicted to Mahjohng on my Palm.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your goodies, V.Lace is on my list for my JoAnn's coupons...do you know where 27mi and Gratiot is. I think I live pretty close to you.
Enjoy the Holidays...
KnittySue

5:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hit the shops today today, but unfortunately we have no real lys or good craft book shop. I saw that book advertised on the inernet and wondered if it was good.
Hope you had a great Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New Year

5:44 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

I know what you mean about the Victorian Lace book - I'll never be a knitter who can make such lovelies, but I dream over the book at Barnes & Noble - a lot!

Funny - I started my third Red Scarf last night and it's red and grey, too!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!