knitnana: Totally Off-Topic...
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Totally Off-Topic...

But relevant if you've been following my saga with the smoking downstairs neighbor!

I'm going to have to move as soon as I can get my act together. Which won't be for another month, and possibly more, but I've got to get working on clearing out clutter and divesting myself of "stuff." Which brings us to my off-topic TOPIC!

Are you a sewist? Interested in a serger? I have one of these with the 7 feet, a video to learn to use it, and the workbook, too. In addition, I have lots of cones (at least 50) of a huge variety of colors in serger thread, most never opened, which I'll toss into the mix. The serger works beautifully. I've used it exactly twice. Someone said, "it'll make the work you do on your bags so much easier." Ummm. No. It doesn't relate to the type of sewing I do. Hard to explain that. But sergers (if you don't know) sew beautiful overlocked seams, trimming the edge as it goes. That's great if you're making clothes. Especially if you're using stretchy fabrics. I don't make clothes, and I don't use stretchy fabrics. And I use flat-felled seams, not overlocked, just to get technical and all that! :)

So...the serger, while a wonderful addition to most people's sewing rooms, is pretty much a dinosaur in mine.

(Yes, I have a tendency to leap before I look...but, if you need a good workhorse serger, then you'll be able to benefit from my impetuousness!)

If you're interested, email me at siameezercat AT gmail DOT com. If you live a long way from Roanoke VA, we'll have to talk shipping, too. I have the original box that it came to me in, so I can pack it just as well as the original shipper did.

Oh...and here's a photo of it, with my sewing and knitting supervisor checking it out right after it arrived...it looks just the same today (so does The Meezer!). I wish that corner of my sewing room were as neat as that still, tho'!

You do WHAT with this?...The Meezer

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Sallee and best wishes to you and your family and of course special headbonks for the kitties!!!

Geraldine and the Mitz

PS> We are doing fine!

3:41 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

Merry Christmas -
What a bummer, having to move because of a smoker -
ah well. Pet the Meezer for me, yes?
melanie

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you have to move - I wish there was something else to be done!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Too bad you have to move, but I hope you find a place soon.

Nice serger, too, hope it finds a good home.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Huh... Wonder if we have the same downstairs neighbor? But then we'd probably have to at least live in the same state! :-) Good luck and Merry Christmas!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you find a home for the serger... I used to have evil smoking downstairs neighbors. Fortunately they moved, since I own my place!

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!