knitnana: Oh MY!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Oh MY!

I got to the Post Office tonight to check my box and there was a little yellow slip inside saying something "too large for the box" was waiting for me...Could NOT believe that I had only one person in line ahead of me, and the box that was brought to me...well, it was HUGE! Inside? This lovely gift basket from Laura (whom I think is still blogless, but if not, let me know, okay, Laura?)
This is too amazing...from our Knitters' Coffee Swap a stunning (and very large) beautiful basket full of Starbucks and Millstone coffees (my favorite Hazelnut Cream is there), a PURPLE (yup, my favorite color) Starbucks WISH coffee mug, a gorgeous box of Dilettante Dark Chocolates and their Semi-sweet chocolate with amaretto Truffle Topping, and...ta da..Adrienne Vittadini Nadia Alpaca/Wool yarn (3 skeins!) in COCOA!!! I'm just so spoiled! Laura, I hope you are at least as pleased with the package I sent you as I am with what you sent me! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Yesterday, we celebrated our annual Christmas Party with our clients (at work). The party is always held at the same church. They have a fundraiser of items handcrafted from around the world. I was looking at a little Christmas tree decorated with delightful ornaments and discovered these two little guys. They are handknitted on the teensiest needles...How on earth could I resist? In an age when I've learned that I'm not allergic to wool. In fact, can even wear superwash wool socks? *gasp!*

Now I know that normally I collect cat things. I would never have told you that sheep/lambkins were going to be on my list of things to collect. But I could NOT resist these guys. (I think, quite frankly, that I'm probably the the alter ego of the little black sheep - lolol!)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an GREAT package!! And I love the lammies!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Wow, what a lovely basket you scored! This swap is fab, right!

10:13 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

baaaaaaaa! what a great basket!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Nice package of goodies! And those are two very cute lambs. Funny where we find things that strike our fancies.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you got spoiled!

11:35 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Lovely presents.
You know, I think we're all the alter egos of black sheep...

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great package Sallee, just stopping in to say Merry Christmas to you and yours....we are doing fine, very busy and still travelling but things are looking hopeful.

Take care, loved the package, you lucky girl!!!

Huggs, G

3:57 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Those little sheep are the cutest things. I wouldn't have been able to resist either.

Love your exchange basket. Every one I see is so thoughtfully done.

You know I always thought I was allergic to wool also. Then I found out about the different qualities of wool and learning I was just allergic to cheap crap wool. LOL.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What great swap goodies you got! This really seems to have been a successful swap for everyone I've seen. :) And those sheep are TOO cute.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!