knitnana: Ring Out the Auld!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ring Out the Auld!

I do have a few plans for this upcoming year:

First, of course, is finishing up my Catharina Faroese-Style Shawl (will it EVER end? but how I love this knit!) and my Feather & Fan CTH 2nd sock. And I have to get going on a pair of socks for my Sockret Pal, too. And start Hidcote (don't forget to join our KAL! Button in the sidebar will take you to the site). I also want to start Wing o' the Moth in The Meezer yarn. And there are so many yummy patterns in Victorian Lace Today that at least one of them will make it to my needles! I've joined the KAL over there in the sidebar ----->.

But. The one thing that is near to my heart this year is scaling back a bit. And so, I'm joining along with Wendy to use up a bit of the overabundance I have...so I'll be Knitting from Stash as much as humanly possible. The last "exception" on their list is spinning fiber, and since I don't spin or dye, I'll make an exception for one lovely and amazing "steal" of a bargain (should I find it) in a cashmere laceweight. Otherwise, all her rules will apply. This is through September. Oh. And I'm going to also participate in the Holiday Headstart KAL which will be getting up and running soon...Maybe I'll have a few handmade creations for Xmas next year!

Nana Sadie Rose has at least a couple new designs that will get off the drawing board and into production this spring, and I'd like to add another cat show or two as well...

Otherwise, I hope to lose some of the weight I've picked up through stress eating in 2006, get a bit more exercise on the Health Rider and relax with yoga more frequently. A BIG change in the health department is to switch from carrying my Mera design purse and go to the smaller Kerri size. I think my back, neck and shoulders will appreciate it. (And do I really NEED to carry everything but the kitchen sink?) Well, of course not...

And I hope to improve friendships, especially with these gals below:

The aging Calico Curmudgeon and Blonde Bombshell (who is not happy that her cohort in crime has taken over her special nest Mommie made for her...)
And of course The Meezer...

Did you say something about a BALL DROPPING? I don't like sudden noises...

She's got that blasted flash out again...and I do hate the light in my eyes.

Yes, it's my tearstrip...I won't lose it...I love it...

My New Year's wish for you is lots of fun-filled tearstrip-chasing! See you in 2007!...The Meezer.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Sallee and to Meezer! Did you see Meezer made my 06 wrap-up too? She's everywhere! Love it! :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

good luck with all the fiber resolutions!
:-)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your felines, from me and Minky, Victoria, and Casper, "The Texas Pride" of meezers.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

The P-Man sends chirps and purrs to all the girls at the Knitnana household, even knitnana!! :)

Happy New Year!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy New Year to all of you from all of us!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!