knitnana: Rhinebeck? White Lies...Forgive Me?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rhinebeck? White Lies...Forgive Me?

In response to Karrie's contest, here is the stash yarn I want to show off in lieu of attending and overextending my credit cards at Rhinebeck this year...
 
It is (indeed) The Meezer colorway from Roxanne's Zen Yarn Garden, created especially for me, or The Meezer - I'm not completely sure which, but The Meezer looks pretty pleased with herself, don't you think? - that I intend to make into the Wing o' The Moth Shawl...eventually. I'm truly having to put it "out of sight and mind" as much as possible, because you see...

I have to come clean here and admit to a teensy, tiny, white lie....

You all remember that I was working on Catharina Faroese Shawl from Knitters Best Shawls & Scarves in anticipation of a very special day - all for the Amazing Lace this past summer? You probably know that I'm not very far along with it (there's a photo a couple of weeks back that shows that little bit).

I have to admit that I had to dupe the entire blogging community into believing that the shawl was for me. It's not. MFMPPF was in on the secret the entire time, and promised to participate in leading you all astray.

You see, and some of you know this, my Big Sis is turning a major milestone birthday. On Friday - she'll be (shhhh....) sixty.

Last fall, when I showed off Catharina and another shawl here on the blog, asking my readers to help me pick a very special one for a very special day (and I really was planning for me at that point) I discovered that my Big Sis was reading my blog regularly. AND...SHE WANTED THE CATHARINA shawl for - gasp - HERSELF!

I suggested that she knew how to knit and could make her own. And that I'd be glad to help her...

But then I thought...hmmm...wouldn't that be a great gift? For a milestone birthday?

Of course, she reads my blog. So I couldn't say a thing about it. But I wanted the Amazing Lace to help me stay motivated (all of this was prior to the decision to do the National Capital Cat Show, of course, which wiped everything else off my plate for months). So the fantasy was created that this would be my shawl for a very special day...

Now I'm not saying there won't be a special day for me. And my Big Sis knows (now) that Catharina is for her. (She's even suggested that I wear her shawl if I do decide I need it - you know, "something borrowed?")

I hope you can forgive me?

And once I finally get Catharina off the needles, Wing o' the Moth is next ... with my LOVELY "not from Rhinebeck" Meezer colorway, Zen Yarn Garden yarn...

(I can't wait!) Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that "Meezer Yarn"!!!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh Sallee, I think that a shawl for your sister is a magnificent gift!

I can't wait to see how your Wing O the Moth shawl works up in your Meezer yarn. : )

I think that was a perfectly acceptable use of a little stretching of the truth! Good for you!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Meezer could keep a secret but I see she can't! She's looking a little like "ahhhh, bet Momma doesn't know about the yarn being for meeeeee" in the picture.....LOL

11:22 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

That yarn is so Meezer! The Wing O the Moth shawl should look really lovely in it.

What a great gift for your sister!

Hmmm...maybe I need to buy some not from Rhinebeck yarn too? ;)

Ruinwen
:)

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Meezer yarn and the Meezer OF COURSE too!!

You know, I was wondering about that 'special' shawl and what was going on with the anticipated special date coming up. Didn't think I should be snoopy and ask!!!

Your sis. will be thrilled to receive such a wonderful and memorable gift. You are so talented Sallee and NICE too!

Huggs, G

10:20 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

We forgive you.... geez, like we couldn't!

Meezer looks so lovely - both of them!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I'm most definitely certain that your sister is going to LOVE this wonderful surprise! Love the "Meezer Yarn". I need to get a Siamese cat so someone will dye yarn for me. I know Wendy got some siamese yarn, too.

My DD loved the Salem area and is hoping she will get an offer from GE. It is top on her list!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay -- time for Big Sis to put her 2c in. Of course I read her blog !!! I have to use my computer in every way I know -- and that happens to be only a little knowledge !! Thank goodness Younger Sis can help me with some problems now and then !

The shawl is for me ??? I would not have guessed in a million years !! But now I'll have to "egg" her on to complete it. It will be a perfect wrap for spring concerts !!

YS seems to be busy every minute so I'm sure the project will be complete in the near future !!

Love you -- Sis (from Big Sis)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Tricky you! What a wonderful gift.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

The Meezer yarn and Moth will make a wonderful substitute, and I am pleased you were able to conspire and pull off such a great surprise for your sis.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!