knitnana: Mail Call!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Mail Call!

Once again. I do order things, and yes, sometimes it seems as if that's all I do! Today was one of those days. This morning the package of tea I ordered from Lisa's Tea Treasures (because someone on the KTS2 received some of her teas, specifically the My Lady's Respite an Earl Gray blend (with rose and lavender - yumm!), and I decided I had to try it) arrived at the office!

Remember a little while ago I told you about buttons?
Specifically Suzann's buttons! The first of them arrived today! Oh they are just too pretty! Make sure you stop by her blog and let her know you love them, okay?

Last week, I heard from a friend about a website for Jaggerspun Zephyr yarn (other yarns, too) at good prices. I was hoping to try some, and I was surprised to find that she carried DK weight - just what I needed for Jackie's Thinking of You Scarf. I wanted to try something like the Zephyr because I see everyone using it for their gorgeous shawls (in laceweight of course!). Well, I just had to order two 2-oz balls of it in claret...such a reasonable price!
Let me tell you Sarah's Yarns is perhaps one of the best kept secrets on the internet...well, maybe not anymore! And you know what? Not only did the yarn arrive today, but Sarah included color cards for ALL the yarns she carries (it's free of charge with your first order!) Oh my. And her service is amazing - within 30 minutes my order was confirmed via email and my notification of shipping arrived, too, just as fast. The package arrived fast! Wow! I will definitely be making this one of my favorite shops on the internet.

Now on the left in front of the yarn, you can see the other item that arrived today and simply took my breath away! A beautifully crafted nostepinne!
Shelly's Hubby makes them and this one is just stunning...now I know Shelly told me what the wood was, but I'm not good at that, I just knew that it looked as if it were cherry or walnut - a dark wood which is my favorite...So go see them - and let them know you'd like one of your own, okay? Shelly's Oressa dpn case is on her way to her now as I not only received today, I shipped as well! lolol

7 Comments:

Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Sallee, I'm so glad your nostepinne arrived safely! The wood is Cocobolo. It is a tropical Central American hardwood. The wood is from sustainable forests and is not depleting the supply. : )

Enjoy!

What a wonderful mail day! I'm going to order from Sarah's Yarns soon, too.

I'm excited to get one of your gorgeous dpn cases!!!

Shelly

8:28 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Sweet treasures! Those buttons are spectacular!

11:25 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Those buttons are just awesome! What great service from Sarah's yarns. Having shade cards helps so much as colours can vary quite a lot from computer to computer. The nostepinne is beautiful!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Such wonderful treasures! :)

The buttons are just precious!

I'm so happy you finally got your beautiful Zephyr!

Ruinwen
:)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fun mail!! Thanks for reminding me I wanted to check out the DK Zephyr...

9:29 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Love the goodies! Speaking of Zephyr, I do have 4 oounces of laceweight in Iris that is being saved for a special project.
=:8

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The buttons look like yummy candies!!!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!