knitnana: Elegantly Simple Shawl & Yarn Focus...

Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie Rose items!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Elegantly Simple Shawl & Yarn Focus...

I just joined Jackie E-S's KAL for the Elegantly Simple Triangle Shawl. And in doing so, had my May "free" day for the Yarn Focus Challenge (button on the sidebar) by buying a skein of 8/2 Tencel (hand-dyed) from Heritage Yarns in the colorway Majestic (Yes, I got the last one!). In addition, for my "free day" from the Yarn Focus Challenge, I picked up 3 skeins of Caron's Simply Soft in Victorian Rose for a quick knit comfort shawl for my second mom's mother who is in a nursing home...This shawl will NOT be a complicated lace pattern (thank goodness!) but instead will be knitting primarily for warmth.

I'll post a photo when the yarn gets here. I guess I'll have two team mates for the Amazing Lace KAL this summer...(at the very least...)
(((hugs)))

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, thanks for the reminder to go check Jackie ES's website for potential lace patterns...

11:39 AM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Wow, you have so much shawl knitting going, that it makes my head spin! I will be looking forward to your Amazing Lace adventures this summer.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Lois said...

Would love to see the pattern you are knitting the the Simply Soft. I just ordered 6 skeins of the same color from Herrschner's for $1.77 a skein for the big 7oz. one. I'm making a pineapple afghan for my neighbor for some Christmas in the future - I dont' think I'll make it for this one. Love your work.

Lois

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782