knitnana: Thank You, Sedalia!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank You, Sedalia!

May I just say? WOW! What a Fiber Festival (okay, I've not been to any other, but I've been to three at Sedalia, and this year? By far, the best! We had a blast...and if you're on dial-up? You might want to go get some tea, because this is one picture heavy post (sorry)...

First up? The gal who shared my space was Designs by Mera:
Lovely stitch markers and jewelry.
You think she looks familiar? Why you're right, that's my dear daughter! I think she feels it was worth the day (I hope so) and she met a lot of new customers...
I'm an "old" customer, but she was kind enough to let her old mom have one of her darling clay sheepies - of course, she occasionally gets a bag or two, as well, so I guess we're even. Aren't they cute?

Here's a view of my side of the booth:
That, by the way, is Rae of ThinkingKnitter (that's her name on Ravelry, too). Check out her patterns...
Rae's my sock-knitting, Red Hatter pal, and she's picking out her fabric for her new Posy Too!

What would a fiber festival be without critters?
Cute Critters view 1
Cute Critters view 2
Cute Critters view 3 (these are my favorites!)

And another Cute Critter:
Oh!
Wait...that's not a "cute critter!" That's my Sock Summit Partner, Dianne...

She and HER partner in crime, Dana, were amazing - they are the movers and shakers behind this festival and they did an astounding job! (I never got Dana to stand still long enough for a photo, but Dianne was in charge of raffle prizes, so she was at the microphone a lot)

Did I buy anything? Well not all that much...
I found a colorway of Trekking I didn't have and fell in love with - #322. Yes, it's one of the tweeds...

And then there was this:
I've bitten the bullet. I've bought a Bosworth Mini. Mary Ellen was kind enough to toss in that merino roving...and then, I picked up the booklet from her, too, to help me understand all this...

Mary Ellen also has a beautiful Kromski Minstrel that I was looking at...maybe...someday - IF - IF I pick this up and find it more interesting than I did when I was just "playing" with the spindle today...

(don't hold your breath, okay? I need another expensive fiber hobby like a new hole in my head)

But still - what a fun, and exhausting day! I think I'm going to go take a shower. It was very humid - but it did NOT rain! YAY! Still, there were trees that were shedding some sort of teensy white stuff that snowed all over everything. To be safe? It's a shower and shampoo - no allergy attacks allowed!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful weekend. I know some shows have disappointed you, and these are such unpredictable times.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Thank you and please thank Mera for me for coming out to the show! We were thrilled to have you and I'm delighted to hear that you had a good day! Your and Mera's work are phenomenal!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Thank you Amazing Bag Lady! That's a great cover story..the pix are wonderful..well..all but that 2 legged critter looks a bit tattered..
I'm thrilled that you and Mera had such a great day..but..you have Amazing quality and PRETTY merchandise..therefore it's easy to buy..
I do want to buy some markers from Mera..but I'll have to do online..I truly did not have time to shop yesterday..but thanks to my enablers..I got some mighty 'purty' goodies!!
Thanks for your support..We appreciate you giving us another chance..I know you were 'on the fence' about returning, so I'm glad I was able to sway you!!
HUGS to both of you Amazing Gals!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Glad to hear that you had so much fun at the festival.. {{{{HUGS}}}}

11:41 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Nice review! It looks like a lot of fun!!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, I'm so glad it was such a great weekend for both of you! (And your daughter looks like you, you know ;) ) The spindle looks gorgeous -- you'll have to let me know what you think of it, I've been considering getting one of those... (like I need another spindle, ha!) Bring it to Sock Summit so we can play, 'k?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Looks wonderful - I am blocking off next year's weekend, NOW!! I so wish I could have attended.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Carrie K said...

I hope you both did very well!!

Cute critters.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

the critters are so cute!

i love the trekking colorway you bought! did i miss what number it is?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Gee, I seem to remember you saying that you wouldn't be interested in spinning!! Hmmmm... :)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!