knitnana: Sale Day at Knitter's Knook!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sale Day at Knitter's Knook!

I've been waiting for this, and after listening to the grrls from RVSpinners/Knitters group on Ravelry, I was a bit worried about what I'd find when I got there, today - tho' Becky assured me there was plenty left, this sale weekend has generated a LOT of excitement! Many of them got down there yesterday, while I held down the fort at my office all day...I was afraid the walls would be bare!
But this is just the entry wall - the wall of cotton and cotton blends, right now...(I love the sheep on the top shelf!)
Considering Summer of Socks 08, I bought more sock yarn (yes, I know I already had a lot, but still, these CALLED TO ME...). There's Trekking, Austermann Step (Becky's favorite!), Louet Gems in Eggplant, and Blue Ridge in aquas!

And that sweater I wrote about? Forget it. Becky was agonized, painstakingly looking for a substitute yarn for me (I simply can't afford what the pattern calls for), and finally said, "I just don't think we're going to do it and it's the ROW GAUGE that's the problem" - at 28 rows to 4 inches, the pattern is knit across the width of the sweater, not the length (which, if it were longer wouldn't be as much of a problem!). With the cables ALSO knit across the width, ending it in the right place and having it all come together? Well?
I decided that at least for my first sweater this did not bode well for the project. So I chose this yarn and am looking at the simplest of cardigans to knit. I'll let you in on the pattern when it finds me, but the Louet Riverstone was priced right and a gorgeous shade of turquoise (called Carribean)...my mom would have loved this color, and it looks really good on me, as well!

And yes, I started my first SOS08 sock last night just past midnight...
Pink Granite STR. I'm going to do my favorite Feather & Fan pattern from Wendy, because I truly love these colors and I think the lace will be really nice in the yarn...OH! Thank you Miss Muffin for modeling the toe so sweetly!

The Meezer wishes to tell you that she's decided this isn't her season at all...she's been under my feet or under the bed all afternoon - the thunderstorms are raging again, and she's very much unhappy about it! Poor grrl...
(((hugs)))

7 Comments:

Blogger Sandra said...

I'm glad they left some for you - I love the Pink Granite!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Oh, excellent stash enhancement! I really love that blue sock yarn, and the yarn you chose for your sweater is going to look great. Give the Meezer a hug for me, and tell her to hang in there -- thunderstorms are no fun for cats...

11:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My sympathy to the Meezer. Sergio (all 25 lbs of him!) spent his visit to me on my lap and poor Jeffry was hiding in the covered cat's pan all afternoon. The fur kids HATE June in Virginia.
It's 2:06 am and the weather radio's going off again. I'll have a lap full of fur in a few minutes...
I'm cleared to drive on Sunday, so I may wobble my way to Becky's and see if there's anything left!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

Sock yarn has the darnedest siren call, doesn't it? Very loud, penetrating, persistent and very hard to resist.

I think you made great choices!

2:43 PM  
Blogger kat said...

You know the reason I love the book Knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns is I can chose any yarn I want & it has the directions for every gauge.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I picked up yarn for two sweaters (btw, Kat, both patterns are out of Knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns - love it!) and Blue Ridge for a pair of socks that will go with both my teal cable knit sweater from last winter and one of the new sweaters. Wow! Becky has SALES!

1:52 AM  
Blogger cate said...

Gorgeous haul!!! Sorry bout the sweater bits. Once you get started on sweaters, you'll be hooked. Good job making sure you get the yarn and pattern right. Love, c

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!