knitnana: Birthday for One!
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Birthday for One!

Well. It's finally here, and I have SOOOO many ecards...thank you all for filling up my mailbox today! I loved EVERY SINGLE ONE of your cards...I worked today and they were the bright spot of an otherwise very busy (hectic?), stressful day...So Happy Birthday to me, I spent it by myself tonight, which is actually quite nice (we celebrated this past weekend - Big Sis, BIL, SIL, and I). DD called this morning.

I promised to show you a couple of the pressies I bought myself (there are more, but they're not here yet - email really spoils you for regular mail, ya know?). Not pictured are the 3 Addi circs I bought - 2 Lace needles sizes 2 and 5 (I only need size 1s now in the length I use most - 32 inches), and size 9 regular Addis - I hope the last one will make finishing up the Lacy Prairie Shawl an easy peasy process!

First of all...those beads are for Susan's Spring Things Shawl - I'm planning to knit it in the Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud (Iris) that I've had forever...I think these beads from Earth Faire will be lovely against it don't you?
Now, anything else in that shot look familiar? That yarn? Looks a lot like the prize yarn below, doesn't it? Well...it is and it isn't. That's Shaeffer Andrea 100% silk laceweight. When I bought the sock yarn, I kind felt like a lemming. EVERYONE was raving about Anne (sock yarn). I didn't have any trouble with the colorway - Renata Tebaldi- as Melanie and I reminisced over watching her on The Ed Sullivan show when we were growing up (she was the Voice of the Angels...an amazing operatic soprano). The colors, while a bit off from what I usually do, I find quite amazing together, so that wasn't the issue. What was it? Well...

Socks. I have more sock yarn than I know what to do with and I'm not participating in the Summer of Socks. But I'm about finished (Hallelujah!) with Catharina Faroese Shawl (ok...2 more rows, the edging and then the blocking, but still...that's a lot closer to the finish line that I've felt I was for a long time!). Big Sis tried her "on" for size (with SIL's help we STRETCHED her carefully to see that she's about hip-bone length dry, and wet, she'll stretch a bit more...) so I'm dreaming of my next lace project.

I bought laceweight SILK. I've never knit with 100% silk - that was the other enticement. And no, I don't know what pattern I'll knit yet. Still thinking on that one. I won't use this immediately - the VLT Trinity Shawl is the next OTN - in the Meezer yarn...

Speaking of The Meezer...

Here she is, Monday night, still really groggy (drunk?) from her dental - please note what's under her paws? Yup. Her tearstrip...kinda made me think of a baby with her security blanket!
And here she is last night during our t-storms. The Meezer does not like t-storms, but you couldn't tell that, now could you?

If I can't see you, I'm not here... The Meezer

17 Comments:

Blogger Plain Jane said...

Poor Meezer! Dental work followed by thunderstorms? I think I'd be hiding under the covers too! The yarn is beautiful and congratulations on being so close to finishing Catharina. And, once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! {{{BIG HUGS}}}

9:45 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sallee!!!
Hope all you wishes come true and your year is extra special!

Love the new silk yarn :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Pat K said...

Happy Birthday and many more!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!! : )

We've had so many thunderstorms and rains lately...I'm with the Meezer...under the covers is the only place to be!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Happy Birthday!

It's really a few minutes past midnight, so I guess this has to be a belated one. All the best for another wonderful year.

3:09 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Happy Birthday Sallee!!! You are a smart grrl to buy gifts for yourself. Have a fabulous celebration!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Tan said...

Happy birthday! Sorry it's late. I was watching that ticker count down, but then missed the day. What color are your earthfaire beads? There isn't much in our modern day and age that can evoke magic and treasure like an order of beads (I got an order from earthfaire yesterday, too).

8:43 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

My cat used to love tearstrips, too, and she'd also curl up with one when she didn't feel good. Awwwww...

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Such beautiful yarn. I just want to touch it.

Poor Meezer. Hiding is the best form of coping. I do it all the time. :-)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm so glad your birthday was a happy one! I enjoyed drooling over your pretty, pretty beads and yarn...

Poor Meezer...hope the storms pass by soon.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Happy B-day!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Oh--the Spring Things in Alpaca cloud with those beads will be fabooooo! I may have to copy you. I'll watch and see how it goes. My iris AC was not happy being Hidcote, but maybe this is the right pattern!

2:22 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Your birthday yarn looks absolutely delish!!!!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Happy Birthday dear Sallee! I just bought myself some silk yarn too. I feel so extravagant and decadent!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Belated happy birthday! Sorry I missed leaving a comment yesterday - work kicked my butt and I went to bed early. Sounds like you treated yourself right - that Andrea looks fun.

7:27 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like it was a good one!

T

1:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OH shoot. I am late very late. Happy Belated Birthday Knit Nana!!!!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!