knitnana: Where Do the Weekends Go?
Please stop by my Etsy Shop if you're looking for Nana Sadie's Attic Treasures items!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Where Do the Weekends Go?

Of course, I do know that mine was spent partially in Richmond at the cat show (which was a success - thank you for your good wishes, and for those of you who stopped by to say "Hi!") and the other part was spent trying to get a bit more done in this new home of mine...I'll NEVER get all these boxes unpacked, will I??? :)

Various folks around blogland are posting fridge shots, so here's mine...

Normally there's a lot more on mine, but of course, I just moved in, so I have a relatively clean slate here! lolol!

At the cat show this weekend, I finally broke down and bought a Millie Bed for the Blonde Bombshell (I've loved these things forever, but my girls are notorious for prefering anything I do NOT spend money on, and turning up their noses for what I DO spend money on....so I've been hesitant to buy, but I fell in love with this print! What could be more purrrrfect for Knitnana? Cheetah and roses??).

The Meezer had to check it over thoroughly and wasn't completely sure it was anything she wanted to have anything to do with...

But I did buy some toys for them, too - not a lot, The Meezer still prefers her tearstrip (the original has FINALLY been found btw...), and the other two love their Uncle Bill's paperwads...(small scraps of paper crushed into the tightest possible balls that only Uncle Bill's hands can create, Mommie's hands can't pack them tightly enough!)...
Unfortunately, this scrap of metalized mesh material with a bell inside was shredded almost instantly by an avid Blonde Bombshell...
But since she was having so much fun with it, of course, The Meezer had to be absolutely sure it wasn't worth her time...

Finally, today, the Blonde Bombshell decided that the Millie Bed was just the thing for watching the world go by from her perch under the front window...only she didn't watch long, the Millie Bed is just too comfortable and BB was soon out like a light!

(These beds are wonderful - soft soft soft and cushy as can be. Not just worth the price, they're a great fundraiser for my favorite cause, Siamese Rescue Center of Virginia (oh, and I suppose I really DO have an affiliation, as I occasionally do interviews for them when a kitty in this area is in need of rescue...)
(((hugs)))

15 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

BB looks so sweet all conked out in her new bed!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, that photo of your kitty in the bed is just too cute. I want to snuggle that fuzzy little tummy...okay, off to find one of my cats now to get my snuggling fix.

Glad you had a good weekend, even if it went fast!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

That is a really sweet picture of BB. It's nice that she likes the bed so well. Love the animal print.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

That picture of the sleeping BB is wonderful!!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

What comic strip do you have attached to your refrigerator? I tried to enlarge the photo but couldn't make it out. We have several including an Arlo & Janice with their car racing up and down the bed in the early morning that reminds us of our tri-colored witch, Callie.. The Blonde Bombshell looks oh, so comfortable in her new bed.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

BB looks so adorable in her new bed. I'm glad to see she is feeling better! :)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

gorgeous pictures:) and sounds like you had a wonderful weekend:)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

Love the kitty bed! A photo of my fridge? It is way too cluttered with photos and magnets - that would give too much insight into my personality, wouldn't it?!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photo's!! And I actually want a bed like that - very comfy looking. Glad the show was a success!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

The BB looks so sweet in her bed; she must have gotten tired killing her toy! I've found cats often like balls made from aluminum foil, and they are easier to make then paper balls.

8:15 PM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

What a great pic of BB on the new bed. That bed just looks fabulous - animal print with roses - I want one! LOL

5:59 AM  
Blogger Shelob said...

This kitty bed looks great! Glad the BB is feeling better!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

BB looks so cozy all snuggled up in her new bed. What a great purchase!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a greeeeeeeeeeeeat post, lots of kitty news, the Mitz will be happy to hear all the latest too. She's napping right now, sends her best though to Meezer and friends. I agree,the BB looks so sweet, how is she feeling, hope much better.

Have a great week, G

3:55 PM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The new kitty bed looks so comfy...I'm sure the BB is loving it!

Have a wonderful upcoming week!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Namaste

I honor the place in you,

which is of love, truth, light, and peace.

When you are centered in that place in you,

and I am centered in that place in me,

we are one.

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Member #1782

Image hosted by photobucket.com
image hosted by photobucket.com
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
Hosted by Photobucket.com
hosted by photobucket.com
Photobucket
Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by photobucket.com
Because it's so true
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Backstitches
Yarn Explosion
Fiber Space
Orchardside
Wool Workshop

Twist Collective
Knitty

Fancies

The Haggahdah of Knitting

<Photobucket
Not that I'm addicted or anything...!

Photobucket
Summer 2009

Photobucket
If you buy books, buy from Independent Booksellers

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com

Black Symphony Socks
Train Travel Socks
Faux Mink Mobius
Yoga Socks
Trust Your Instincts Socks
Toast Toasts!
Blue Leftovers Toasties!
Black Hat for Charity
Pastel Jacquard Socks

Briar Rose Gracie Faroese Shawl
Purple Royale Clapotis
Violette Lilith Shrug
Helsinki Hat Scarf

Summer Garden White Granny Afghan

Image Hosted by Photobucket.com
We will never forget.

The WebRing Listing for Knitnana's blog can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page-If you have a WebRing, you might consider resizing your buttons to keep them small enough so blog sidebars don't skew to the bottom of the page!
Thank you!